Chicago - Verint Supporting Motorola Trunked Digital Radio System with TETRA Standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
CHICAGO -- Verint Systems announced that it is extending its public safety call recording platform to include support for Motorola's Dimetra IP TETRA (Terrestrial Trunked Radio) network system, part of the Motorola family of communications solutions designed to deliver mission-critical benefits through trunked digital radio using the TETRA standard.

MOT Verint Supporting Motorola Trunked Digital Radio System with TETRA Standard

N

N_Jay

The title is going to confuse a lot of people.

This is really nothing about radio. It is about the logging recorder equipment that is integrated into the "back-end" of a trunked system.

KC9NCF

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Is this going to affect us Chicagoan's? Does this mean they're going to not be monitorable? I know Tetra can't be monitored.

N

N_Jay

The back end of a console system.
No, the back-end of the TETRA trunked system. There is no mention of a console, and console recording is basically system independent, so hooking to TETRA at the console level would be "non-news".

Is this going to affect us Chicagoan's? Does this mean they're going to not be monitorable? I know Tetra can't be monitored.
No, Chicago does not have a TETRA system, they are not getting a TETRA system, this has nothing to do with any specific TETRA system.
It is just a announcement from a company that happens to be in Chicago.

Grasshopper, your ReadingComprehesionFu is weak...
Yea, we kind of know that already.;)

KC9NCF

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Grasshopper, your ReadingComprehesionFu is weak...

In this context, you are correct. I'm not scared to say I am not a commercial radio guru and am interested in learning things, and may ask questions that seem stupid because of it. No asky questions, no learny! Please be patient, k?

Status
Not open for further replies.