Chico 700 MHz Conventional System

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Hello! I don't get up to Butte County as much as I used to. I'm curious if anyone has monitored, or if they could plug in these frequencies and start monitoring. The City of Chico has licensed two 700 MHz repeater pairs at two different sites within the city. They are licensed as conventional.

FCC Callsign WRJY319 (CHICO, CITY OF)

My guesses:
- Chico PD will transition to a two-channel, simulcast 700 MHz conventional system, to be on the same band as the Sheriff, but not have to join the BRICS trunked radio system.
- Chico PD will use these as backup repeaters, but transition to the BRICS trunked radio system.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I'd say, if Chico PD chooses to go 700 MHz, they should move Chico FD from their 450 MHz system to (what would end up being) the old Chico PD VHF system, and get the fire department on the same frequency band as the surrounding fire agencies.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Careful, if you apply logic to what direction Chico city might be going in regarding radio, you’ll miss the mark every time. Politically I think some big changes would need to be made if CPD even glances at BRICS.

Status
Not open for further replies.