Child Fell

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
14,369
Location
Colorado
Arap County child fell 3 stories from an apt balcony, found on the sidewalk by other kids and initial reports of not breathing now emergent to Swedish via Rescue-61 with 2 extra FF's riding along.

DTRS, Online

Jim<
 

jimmnn

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
14,369
Location
Colorado
ARAPAHOE COUNTY - A 3-year-old boy escaped serious injury after he fell out of a third floor window Monday.


Dejave Jimmerson is now recovering from a broken collar bone.

He was playing in his room Monday when he fell more than 30 feet out of a window and landed in a bush.

A neighbor saw it happen and screamed, alerting two teens playing football nearby. The teens ran over and picked the boy up. They then ran upstairs and alerted his mother.

"One of them had my son in his arms and I just, I almost completely had a heart attack," said Monica Polidore, Jimmerson's mother. "I didn't know what to do. I just froze."

Paramedics arrived and took the boy to the hospital.

His parents say it's a miracle their son is alive and want other parents to be careful.
 

scanjunkie

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
1,360
Location
Montgomery County, PA
We spent $50 a piece for Guardian Angel Window Guards for all of our upstairs windows...it was expensive, but little to pay for the safety of our children. A 6 y/o boy fell out of a window in our development. He was not hurt bad, but it was scary to hear and made me even more thankful that we spent the money on the window guards.
http://www.safehomeproducts.com/shp2/sf/window_guards.asp
 

funcritter

Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2006
Messages
181
Location
Denver
Sadly, that is how my older brother lost his life. Three floors up he fell to the parking lot.

That had been in 1978 and how many times do we hear about people falling out of windows? Apartment building owners really need to do something here. Bars on windows would be ugly but the lives saved would be worth it.
 

evilklown

Member
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
212
Location
Colorado
scanjunkie said:
We spent $50 a piece for Guardian Angel Window Guards for all of our upstairs windows...it was expensive, but little to pay for the safety of our children. A 6 y/o boy fell out of a window in our development. He was not hurt bad, but it was scary to hear and made me even more thankful that we spent the money on the window guards.
http://www.safehomeproducts.com/shp2/sf/window_guards.asp
I have 3 kids of my own 4, 6 , 9 thanks for the link i live in a town home it is a 2 story i never really thought much about doing somthing like that but i think i will now. thanks :)
 

evilklown

Member
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
212
Location
Colorado
funcritter said:
Sadly, that is how my older brother lost his life. Three floors up he fell to the parking lot.

That had been in 1978 and how many times do we hear about people falling out of windows? Apartment building owners really need to do something here. Bars on windows would be ugly but the lives saved would be worth it.
Sorry to hear about your brother...
 

scanjunkie

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
1,360
Location
Montgomery County, PA
Funcritter...I am so sorry about your brother. God Bless!

Evilklown, a neighbor of ours had installed them and we just couldn't pass them up. They are very easy to install and are easy for an adult to remove should you have to escape through the window due to a fire or something...don't wait another minute...order them now!!
 

evilklown

Member
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
212
Location
Colorado
scanjunkie said:
Funcritter...I am so sorry about your brother. God Bless!

Evilklown, a neighbor of ours had installed them and we just couldn't pass them up. They are very easy to install and are easy for an adult to remove should you have to escape through the window due to a fire or something...don't wait another minute...order them now!!
Thank You :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top