Child with head caught in car window

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch40n1k

Jewell and Kipling at Aspen Tires. Child found with her head stuck in a car window, unconscious, not breathing.

CPR was performed and on Medic arrival was barely breathing. Medic 4 went code to Central. Sounds like child may have been transferred to Childrens.

LPD on scene for CSI and scene security. Reports of media on scene.

Lakewood/WM 800 WM TAC2 and LPD West and TAC 3.

Last edited:

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
How much you want to bet is was on older car with electric windows...the kind where you pushed the button DOWN to close the window? This happened to lots of kids, they stick their heads out the window and then step on the button...

ch40n1k

Hmmm ... not really that old. GMC Jimmy ... maybe 10 years old?
And regardless, not sure what the kiddo was doing in the car by themselves on a day as hot as today. The adults were inside the business at the time this happened.

Attachments

• aspen5.jpg
    aspen5.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 233
  • aspen3.jpg
    aspen3.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 145

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
G*d d*mn morons that put their "convenience" above the safety of their own child (and grandparents count here) piss me off to the highest degree of pisstivity.
Thankfully the child is OK. I hope the responsible party never is.
And no, I don't believe in mistakes or forgiveness. It only takes responding to one call like this to change your attitude....

ch40n1k

G*d d*mn morons that put their "convenience" above the safety of their own child (and grandparents count here) piss me off to the highest degree of pisstivity.
Thankfully the child is OK. I hope the responsible party never is.
And no, I don't believe in mistakes or forgiveness. It only takes responding to one call like this to change your attitude....
I don't know what the hell this woman was thinking ... clearly she had no concern for the kiddo. Far too common these days, I guess.

Last edited:

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Hmmm ... not really that old. GMC Jimmy ... maybe 10 years old?
And regardless, not sure what the kiddo was doing in the car by themselves on a day as hot as today. The adults were inside the business at the time this happened.

That's around when the windows were changed so that they wouldn't go down far enough for a kid to stick his head out, and then the switches were changed so that pushing them down would put the window down.
Nothing much Detroit can do about stupid parents, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.