Childrens hospital nola

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spec605LA

Statewide Radio Jedi
Premium Subscriber
Thank you. I spoke to one of their pilots and he said that they use hi-band most of the time. I saw one ID posted on lwin, was just curious.
Most "users" of radios that don't know the true terminology call the 700 MHz radio system "high band" being 700 Mhz is higher than VHF or UHF systems that were used as primary systems.

Try Acadian Air Med listed in LWIN database. I dont keep up with Acadian on LWIN normally but think thats where you will find them.
If you are not already doing so you may want to consider ADS mode B receiver or web sites such as Flightaware or Flightradar24

Spec605LA

Statewide Radio Jedi
Premium Subscriber
Try Acadian Air Med listed in LWIN database. I dont keep up with Acadian on LWIN normally but think thats where you will find them.
If you are not already doing so you may want to consider ADS mode B receiver or web sites such as Flightaware or Flightradar24
[/QUOTE

CHINOLA has their own TG on LWIN but also use Acadian AirMed TG’s when responding in Acadian’s areas.

Technoguy58

I don't think Childrens Hospital Airmed is going to be using an Acadian T.G. Childrens Hospital owns their own heli. When you state that the pilot stated they were using VHF Hi they probably are. VHF AIR. Generally speaking, Childrens does transferes from hospital to hospital NOT evacs from accident sites. Most of the Acadian activity is "on site" landings at accident sites.. Childrens does pickups at hospitals that cannot or are not equipped to do neonatal or pediatric issues. The pilots still use VHF AIR for air traffic control.

Spec605LA

Statewide Radio Jedi
Premium Subscriber
I don't think Childrens Hospital Airmed is going to be using an Acadian T.G. Childrens Hospital owns their own heli. When you state that the pilot stated they were using VHF Hi they probably are. VHF AIR. Generally speaking, Childrens does transferes from hospital to hospital NOT evacs from accident sites. Most of the Acadian activity is "on site" landings at accident sites.. Childrens does pickups at hospitals that cannot or are not equipped to do neonatal or pediatric issues. The pilots still use VHF AIR for air traffic control.

Children’s CHINOLA AIR1 does indeed respond to vehicle MVA’s. We have had them respond to crashes that required air transport to a trauma center when Acadian’s AirMed isn’t available. If the ground crews don’t have access to CHINOLA’s LWIN TG’s they will use Acadian OPS 2. Ochsner also has Flight Care helos that are used, also on LWIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.