Chilkoot Trail

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclipse175

Hi all,

I am looking for the search and rescue / ranger ops frequencies for the Klondike Gold Rush National Park along the Chilkoot Trail.

I will be hiking this but am also a nationally certified firefighter/EMT and am looking for more communication than just USCG ch 16.

Any suggestions would be helpful! I had frequencies for a repeater system on the trail but lost them.

Thanks

gregmoss

Theres alot of useful info on this site, if your scanning for standard vhf, uhf, or ALMR p-25 communications in alaska. It will also depend on the scanner you have too monitor these type of communications. Get yourself a bcd396 or psr500 because most likely you'll hear something in p-25 communications and rarely in standard vhf, uhf, communitions. I don't recall any frequency infomation for the ranger ops, for the Klondike Gold Rush National Park along the Chilkoot Trail. But if you have your bcd396t, put it in close call or search mode. Maybe you'll find something then. If all fails do a search on the internet.. Good luck!!

eclipse175

I actually am looking for the frequencies and tones for the Chilkoot Repeater used by Parks Canada and the US Parks dept. Its a repeater specifically used around skagway and along the Chilkoot for the rangers. I wanted these frequencies to program them into my VHF radio so that I can communicate with them.

They aren't listed in the database. This is an analog conventional system - it is not part of the ALMR system.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

Status
Not open for further replies.