• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Chinese Nxdn VHF 136-174 digital handhelds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Good day all my wife will be travelling to China mainland in the next few months .As she was a Chinese national she has access to radio stores via her Chinese amateur radio license. Now does any one know of suppliers in Shanghai or any other major cities that make those cheap throw away hand held's. I'm looking for a radio that covers the following.
VHF 136-174 MHZ
NXDN 4800 with the basic Spectrum-inversion digital voice scrambling unit, 15-bit key (32,768 possible keys).
Similar to the Kenwood NX-200G but a much cheaper version.
Thanks for any help provided.

KD8DVR

Bear in mind nxdn is not a legal protocol in the USA.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All posted content is personal opinion only and may not imply fact or accusation.

teufler

I'm I missing something, NXDN, WE have several agencies in Mo that are using NXDN equipment. Wikipedia lists as severfal agencies in the US have that mode. Now there is some discussion that equipment is using 12.5 band width and the FCC wants 6.25 but they said they meet part 90.

bharvey2

Bear in mind nxdn is not a legal protocol in the USA.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All posted content is personal opinion only and may not imply fact or accusation.

Did you mean no NXDN is China? The are a few active NXDN systems in the S Bay Area.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I better tell the owners of the NXDN system I subscribe to that they're operating illegally.

KD8DVR

Well...evidently, I have nxdn confused with another type system.

My apologies. Being on a phone today made me too lazy to verify before I typed.

SCPD

QRT
Sorry to cause a small mini-crash NXDN 6.25 and 12.5 simplex and trunking has been used here in Canada for some time. The quality of the audio to me exceeds other digital formats but that is my own opinion. I was also of the impression that the USA was using such systems now to.
Have a good day

bharvey2

Well...evidently, I have nxdn confused with another type system.

My apologies. Being on a phone today made me too lazy to verify before I typed.

Luckily RR doesn't have a "penalty box" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.