Chino Valley Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
I’m in Chino Valley all week and I was hoping someone would kindly point to me in the data base which departments serve the Chino Valley area. For Paulden it says it’s served by the Chino Valley FD but the database has no Chino Valley FD/EMS listed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

waynedc

Premium Subscriber
Corn, let us know if you get this confirmed. I will be in that area for a week in Sept as well. Also, might want to plug in 463.25 which is the academy radio supposedly.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
Chino Valley Fire District and Central Yavapai Fire District merged under Central Arizona Fire and Medical Authority (CAFMA). All Prescott Basin agencies have automatic aid agreements, so you may hear Prescott, Chino, CAFMA and Williamson Valley responding.

PFD and CAFMA are dispatched by the Prescott Regional Comm Center; Williamson Valley is dispatched by Rural Metro on their own system (with Bagdad, Mayer and the southern Yavapai departments)...the database is correct.

CV Police is dispatched by YCSO on Net 2 using "Chino ##" callsign. (See the database) CVPD covers the Town of Chino Valley only. YCSO covers Paulden and the other rural areas, also on Net 2 (Nora ## units).

CVFD, being a district, responds outside the Town limits, and also has contracts for fire protection outside the Fire District boundaries.

AMR/Lifeline does the medical transports; They are dispatched on their own radio system (see the database). They respond on fire channels.

The new kid in town, Priority Ambulance Yavapai, will soon be in the mix; looks like they are up here doing interfacility transports - not heard being mentioned by CAFMA or PFD on the radio yet for emergency calls. No licensed radio system for them up here as yet.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Paulden has no PD, no FD, and many of the rural areas of Yavapai County are served by Fire Districts. Chino Valley has its' own PD, but Paulden is served by YCSO.

If you've never been to Paulden, it's not much to look at in amenities or size wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.