Chinooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chinooks flying overhead right now. I seen them earlier at about 14:30 hrs and now at 22:21 hours.

I live 10min. from Selfridge A.N.G. not sure what their doing.

Hooligan

I assume you're knowledgeable as to what VHF & UHF ATC freqs are used for the airspace over your domicile. If you'd heard the Chinooks talking with ATC & gotten their callsign(s) it probably would have at least lead to the unit that operates them. Then you could call that unit's PAO & assert your right as a taxpayer to be briefed on their mission.

Does Selfridge still have an AASF? If they were Chinooks, they're Army/ARNG. If they could have been CH-46s, they'd probably be USMC but I understand the USN might have some as well. Canadian Forces also have some Chinooks, and a model called the Labrador that looks similar (but usually they're bright yellow, used for SAROPS).

Hooligan

Yeah, seems like Selfridge was the staging base for the two VH-3Ds & two CH-46Fs of HMX-1 that'll be supporting O'Bahama's visit to Ann Arbor Saturday.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I live about ten miles N-W of Selfridge Air Base. It's not uncommon to see these. They fly directly over my home quite often.

It's possible they're preparing for the National Guard request out of Chicago?

netfire

I assume you're knowledgeable as to what VHF & UHF ATC freqs are used for the airspace over your domicile. If you'd heard the Chinooks talking with ATC & gotten their callsign(s) it probably would have at least lead to the unit that operates them. Then you could call that unit's PAO & assert your right as a taxpayer to be briefed on their mission.

Does Selfridge still have an AASF? If they were Chinooks, they're Army/ARNG. If they could have been CH-46s, they'd probably be USMC but I understand the USN might have some as well. Canadian Forces also have some Chinooks, and a model called the Labrador that looks similar (but usually they're bright yellow, used for SAROPS).

They are Chinnooks and if not mistaking ARNG. I miss seing the F-16s. I lived 3 miles away from SANG back in the 70's and remember the F-4s. They were awesome to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.