Chirp frequency images

Status
Not open for further replies.

theborg

Good evening

where is a good resource to download compiled images for chirp for my boafeng.
i am specifically looking for one for canada.
thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You don't.

Images are not compatible across different firmware versions. If you were to load one for the wrong firmware version, you can brick the radio.

Proper procedure is to read the image from the radio, import a CSV file with your preferred channel list, then write back to the radio and save.

theborg

thanks but where do i get the cvs files from

You don't.

Images are not compatible across different firmware versions. If you were to load one for the wrong firmware version, you can brick the radio.

Proper procedure is to read the image from the radio, import a CSV file with your preferred channel list, then write back to the radio and save.

thanks but where do i get the cvs files from

theborg

i thought like DMR plug files, there would be a list of repeater frequencies in each city

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
i thought like DMR plug files, there would be a list of repeater frequencies in each city
You can down load from repeaterbook(ASSuming) you are looking for amateur repeaters. There would only be premade lists if someone had already made one.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Also, investigate the Radio / Import From Data Source menu in CHIRP...

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I'm not familiar with Canadian law but I think that if you're gonna talk on those frequencies, you'll need a license. If not, you'll probably have more versatility using a scanner.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

Take the time to actually learn how to use the software, and learn how to enter the data in the correct spot. Nothing worse than newbies wanting everything spoon fed. A Baofeng only holds like 128 channels, and once you get a rhythm, programming is a snap.

I built a complete codeplug with every UHF ham repeater in Alberta, plus ham simplex, plus GMRS receive only, plus LMR receive only, plus all the DMR repeaters in western Canada with talk groups in a few days, working on it for an hour every day. While it did take some time, I learned the software. Same thing for my Kenwood dualband mobile and DStar radio.

I'm not familiar with Canadian law but I think that if you're gonna talk on those frequencies, you'll need a license. If not, you'll probably have more versatility using a scanner.

Pretty much every radio service needs a license in Canada except GMRS/FRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.