Choctaw chose to be lazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mundell22

Ok so tell me this!!!

Last night A woman was set on fire at 23rd and Triple X road the call came out around 12:45 to 1 am.
Choctaw Dispatch received the call and toned it out to Resue. The call remained silent for 10 min before Dispatch came online and asked rescue status. Choctaw fire came online stated it was a Harrah call this woman had 3rd degree burns and she was on fire, choctaw sat there. The dispatcher told choctaw to step it up and get out there. I cant beleive you would split hairs on the cities when a person was on fire. That is lazy and I feel sorry for the people out in Choctaw. If the woman dies your dept should be charged for Negligence !!!!!!!!

fireant

Unfortunately no matter who responded they would likely not have been able to keep her from being burned according to sources they was not notified till after she had been burned. You often have to ask if the dispatcher dispatched the right department to as they have been known to dispatch the wrong department only to get a call from them that its not in their jurisdiction.

I understand the frustration however to start blaming Choctaw Fire is just wrong. Just remember the legality of taking calls out of your jurisdiction can end up costing the cities alot of money from law suits etc.

fireant

Last edited:

car2back

Tell you what?

Is Choctaw an EMS service?

I don't see how any Choctaw firefighters would be negligent just because they didn't respond to a call for service in Harrah's run area; sounds like the dispatcher should be reviewed for not notifying the appropriate agency.

Last edited:
P

PolarBear25

Choctaw chose to be lazy part II

Earlier in the day Choctaw fire got a burn permit call at XX14 Louise Dr. and when to XX00 Louise Dr. and drove 223 (a brand new F-450 mini pumper) into a gate, and destroyed the gate and damaged the concrete pillar, the homeowner at XX00 was really upset that his O.U. sign was totaled. So anyway 201 was called in, then he called 2 Choctaw P.D. units and then they worked the crash also 203 was called in to go to XX14 and talk to the R.P. and then N.P.F.D. got a large grass fire and called for Choctaw to M/A. then after that animal control drove by to check out the scene at XX00 Louise Dr.

223 just got some scratches on the right rear side, nothing a little bright red paint won't fix.

Last edited:
P

PolarBear25

I know for a fact Midwest City Fire would have gone to the call and given aid, And then worried if it was Choctaw's, Nicoma Park's, Spencer's, Del City's, Tinker's or Oklahoma City's

Question, On stuff like that call why just not roll, Choctaw and Harrah to the same call if it's Choctaw's 10-22 Harrah if it's Harrah's 10-22 Choctaw right?? and I am curios what eharlow, Car2back, and sentrymechanic
have to say on this..

Last edited:
P

PolarBear25

Tell you what?

Is Choctaw an EMS service?

I don't see how any Choctaw firefighters would be negligent just because they didn't respond to a call for service in Harrah's run area; sounds like the dispatcher should be reviewed for not notifying the appropriate agency.

Midwest City EMS can't put out a person on fire, only the fire dept. can. you know that car2back..

SABRE46

Ok here goes: Choctaw has their own dispatch from 8am to 5 pm Monday thru Friday. Nights and weekends are done by OCSO. It is very much up to the dispatching agency to get the right department in route. Choctaw is manned from 7-5 seven days a week but everyone runs from the house after 5. It takes time to get there, get the truck and get in route. Our average is about 10 min. at night. And yes we are a BLS provider. And it wouldnt have mattered if she was still on fire or not, the first truck out the door would be the squad and it carries no water only fire extinguishers.

As far as the lazy comment that mundell made: Uninformed and that is all I am going to say. There is alot that happens especially in our department that absolutely does not get put out over the radio for this very reason. And since there were quite a few of us on scene when you supposedly say we were kicking back at the station, I will say no more on the matter.

Polar Bear same deal. I cant tell you how many times we have recieved calls from MWC saying its ours and yet we get on scene and its theirs. No department is perfect. As for 223, it was an accident pure and simple...

P

PolarBear25

Ok here goes: Choctaw has their own dispatch from 8am to 5 pm Monday thru Friday. Nights and weekends are done by OCSO. It is very much up to the dispatching agency to get the right department in route. Choctaw is manned from 7-5 seven days a week but everyone runs from the house after 5. It takes time to get there, get the truck and get in route. Our average is about 10 min. at night. And yes we are a BLS provider. And it wouldnt have mattered if she was still on fire or not, the first truck out the door would be the squad and it carries no water only fire extinguishers.

As far as the lazy comment that mundell made: Uninformed and that is all I am going to say. There is alot that happens especially in our department that absolutely does not get put out over the radio for this very reason. And since there were quite a few of us on scene when you supposedly say we were kicking back at the station, I will say no more on the matter.

Polar Bear same deal. I cant tell you how many times we have recieved calls from MWC saying its ours and yet we get on scene and its theirs. No department is perfect. As for 223, it was an accident pure and simple...

Yes well MWC was on scene right?? 10 min. come on MWC is 30 seconds to the bay 90 seconds to the pad
or street lights and siren on..

Question 203, 223, and 233 are dry? Well did you roll 204,or 206 or what how did you get her out??

I have hear on some rescue calls 206 going??

As to 223 that driveway is to small for that truck square pegs don't go into a round holes.

Is the driver ok? And what is the damage to 223?

SABRE46

10 minutes from our homes to on scene. We are not staffed 24/7. You of all people should know this. As for the rest of your questions, She was out when the call was paged. 206 is a brush rig that goes for manpower if needed. Driver is fine and 223 is scratched up.

Last edited:
P

PolarBear25

10 minutes from our homes to on scene. We are not staffed 24/7. You of all people should know this.

Well thats true, other reason why 24/7 staffing is a good ideal. even if is 2 people at 210 or 220.

Again why just not roll, Choctaw and Harrah to the same call if it's Choctaw's 10-22 Harrah if it's Harrah's 10-22 Choctaw right??

Last edited:

SABRE46

Well thats true, other reason why 24/7 staffing is a good ideal. even if is 2 people at 210 or 220.

Again why just not roll, Choctaw and Harrah to the same call if it's Choctaw's 10-22 Harrah if it's Harrah's 10-22 Choctaw right??

Go rant and rave to city hall and see where it gets you on that issue. As far as rolling on someone elses call it doesnt work that way. Only time that happens is grassfire season on WAR days.

P

PolarBear25

Go rant and rave to city hall and see where it gets you on that issue. As far as rolling on someone elses call it doesnt work that way. Only time that happens is grassfire season on WAR days.

Go rant and rave to city hall and see where it gets you on that issue. Ha Ha you funny. LOL..

So we all agree this is OCSO's dispatches fault LOL..

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Well this has gone far enough.

This thread started bad with a poor title and despite some reasonable posts in it, the OP has remained silent. The fact that he cross posted to another thread makes me wonder if this is not just a post to seek reaction (better known as a trolling post.) In any case, it makes no difference, it is apparent that nothing good is coming from this thread, and hence it is being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.