Choosing a scanner in Wichita

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
It sounds like they are heading toward digital. I'm too far away to monitor so I don't keep track of it but what I recall they are going to go digital.

I would go with the 396.

Buckskinner33

Premium Subscriber
YES, Yes and Yes.

Yes Wichita Is going Digital. I have'nt played with Unidens scanners but I've never heard any "major" complaints. The Pro-96 is also up on the sale rack for 399.99, but it is almost 3 to 4 years old now. Its due for an upgrade!

As for now... Your not missing out on much. There are some new talk groups popping up and its been difficult to track who they are assigned to. A majority of the WPD cruiser are now updated with the new radios and the new call center is still being worked on and targeted to be open in early "07". ( Will see how that turns out):roll:

sbull

Buckskinner33 said:
As for now... Your not missing out on much.
Isn't that the truth. I ride as an observer every once in a while with a friend of mine.(3rd shift, north patrol) I went last Friday night and it was the slowest night ever! I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

sbull

I think Mike was having a hard week. He was running around ranting and raving about all kinds of stuff. The SGT job must be taking a toll on him. I'll give him a hard time next time I see him!

wildcatmo21

Re: Digital in Wichita

Have a few analog scanners 97 (2), 2032, 91 and 93, I'd like to get my hands on a Uniden Digital scanner before I plunk down that kind of money. Does anyone know if anyone stocks them in Wichita?

sbull

wildcatmo21 said:
Have a few analog scanners 97 (2), 2032, 91 and 93, I'd like to get my hands on a Uniden Digital scanner before I plunk down that kind of money. Does anyone know if anyone stocks them in Wichita?
The guy that owns the Radio Shack in Derby can more that likely find one for you, if he doesn't already have one. He takes trades also.

Buckskinner33

Premium Subscriber
Mark (at the candy Store aka RS) didnt have any unidens, except the OLD types. I do know he was carrying the 396T for a short time.

Wichita Communications was selling Unidens a few years ago as well as LLoyds Electronics. Both stores are pricey but they may have one for you to play with. If it was me I would look around and save a few bucks via Mail order.

This seems to be a common problem for living in the Mid-west, We seem to be 2 days away from everything. (Great steaks, Lousy sea food)

Status
Not open for further replies.