choosing a scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ervin1

jackson county texas is going digital soon right now there using a mixed analog-digital system what scanner should i upgrade too????? any advice is welcome

VintageJon

Here in Travis County, Texas, it's a Pro96/Win96/RR Member and results are excellent.
(This assumes you have a Windows computer on hand. Running Windows 2000 Pro here.)

A Groovy combination here as you can make folders for anything you want to scan and load them in. I have a set for Austin and a set for San Antonio. When DPS goes completely
digital it's gonna be even better.

The Pro96 apparently was designed for 866MHz Apco 25 as it's EXCELLENT for this. The
VHF and 400MHz EDACs is a bit weak. (Perhaps EDACS 400MHZ is weak for everything in my area, but I get a stronger VHF off the Pro-91.)

No experience with Uniden digital receivers...

Best Luck,
Jon

rpowley

VintageJon said:
.....The Pro96 apparently was designed for 866MHz Apco 25 as it's EXCELLENT for this. The VHF and 400MHz EDACs is a bit weak. (Perhaps EDACS 400MHZ is weak for everything in my area, but I get a stronger VHF off the Pro-91.).......
I guess mileage will very. In my area the the PRO-96 does a great job on 4XXmhz EDACS and 4XXmhz MOT (Digital) even using a 800mhz antenna. My Pro 95 is a bit better on VHF, but the 96 still does a more than adequate job picking up DPS.

ervin1

thank yu all for the information it is helpful . Im sending a donation today this site is very informational and the people here are very helpful..hoping to chat with yu all in further forums

Status
Not open for further replies.