Chopper 12!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
They can fly but they can't hide!
I recently picked up a new BCD396XT so my Pro-106 could have a companion. I immediately connected it to RadioReference and downloaded the entire frequency database from New Haven and Fairfield County just to try it out. While scanning all of them at work the next morning, the radio stopped on Wallingford Schools, 464.750. But I was inside a building in Stratford with the rubber duck, so of course it wasn't them that the radio was receiving. (there was no PL entered for the channel)
But this guy was talking about a camera view and shaking and I could hear that familiar sound that a helo makes when you hear them on a radio. I looked at the radio and it was using a DPL of 306. Sounds familiar! Bingo. So it has been quite a while since I heard them on the old frequency. http://forums.radioreference.com/co...on-forum/152458-chopper-12-a.html#post1118160
Sounds like they are still using the same transmitter location in Easton judging by the strength of the repeater, but I cannot find anything in the FCC database to show the new frequency.
Anyway, the long story is meant to show how much fun it is to find new frequencies that are not yet listed in the database.
Enjoy, Bob

Last edited:

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
Here is the license for that frequency. 464.750

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WNQE858 - COM TRONICS INC

Looks like the transmiters are in Bridgeport with a control point in Stratford which is probably what you were hearing.

Com Tronics holds the license for the old frequency in Easton so I would assume that this is the correct one. Unless they added the 464.750 freqency to the Easton site and it it not licensed yet!

Great catch on the new frequency!!!

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.