Choppy Audio on Pro 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

claybarnes

Picked up a new Pro 96 HH yesterday, and am noticing some distorted audio on my favorite talkgroups. I have fooled around with the DG and Dg settings, as well as the AGC to no avail. Other talkgoups are coming in loud and Clear. I had a simiar problem when I put my 996T in service but finally corrected that. I have also read the posts here on RR. Any suggestions you can give my would my much appreciated. BTW the Freq is 860.23750 and TG's are 41008, 41040, 41072, and 33072. These are on the Jefferson County system in Alabama. Thanks in advance.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
What version of DSP is currently in the 96?

Turn on, press 3, during welcome message DSP-APP: F1.x. DSP could be 1.2 or 1.3.

Did you program in just the control channel?

claybarnes

choppy audio on Pro 96

I have ver 1.2, cpu 1.1 dsp voc 1.1

I programmed the the freq, then the rg id's that I wanted.

some ofthe other ID's sound fine.

Thanks!!

claybarnes

Radio date on pro 96

I looked on the back, and could not find the date of production. I called the Radio Shack 800 number and they said they did not have a programming cable. The guys at my local RS sore who are always nice and helpful, said they would get me a new radio. But, now I curious, and would like to try the patch to see if it would work. Thanks

Metro174

Premium Subscriber
I have the cable for programing my Pro 96. The problem.....I bought a new computer that has no serial port. Anybody know if there is an adapter for serial to USB or of another option?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Metro174 said:
I have the cable for programing my Pro 96. The problem.....I bought a new computer that has no serial port. Anybody know if there is an adapter for serial to USB or of another option?
Yes, a serial to USB is available at Radio Shack. They also have a new programming cable for USB. 20-047 is the cable number and it works great.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
claybarnes said:
I looked on the back, and could not find the date of production. I called the Radio Shack 800 number and they said they did not have a programming cable. The guys at my local RS sore who are always nice and helpful, said they would get me a new radio. But, now I curious, and would like to try the patch to see if it would work. Thanks
The date is in the batt compartment and I would also try the upgrade first.

claybarnes

Just bought the cable

Thanks Frank and everyone. I just returned from RS with the cable and CD. The brochure says there is nothing on the cd, and the package contained two cables. I just scanned the instructions since I'm going out to dinner for a couple of hours. I'm looking forward to correcting my problem when I return. Thanks again guys. Clay

Status
Not open for further replies.