CHP 700 base differences in database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
No, it really didn't.

Again, why are the 700 base frequencies found in each Division section different from what are shown in the chart at the bottom of the page?

Think of the VRS frequencies. The ones in each Division are in the VRS chart at the bottom. So keeping with that model, why aren't the 700 base frequencies also? Why are they different?

If my question still isn't clear, please state what you don't understand.

Ok, I think you are reading a little much into this.

Yes the VRS freqs are listed at the bottom. I guess those could be removed but they are more listed for reference as to the channel numbering.

The base freqs are still new. They are listed the way they are until we can confirm what their uses are. We know they are base channels and that's it. The ones listed in the divisional listings are confirmed to those divisions so they are listed in their divisions.

Does that help now? If not, I suggest you contact CHP and ask them why. For now we just work with what we have.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
You said that you don't know why the frequencies in the Divisional areas of the database are not also in the chart at the bottom of the page. Seeing that all three of you are database administrators, you do not have the ability to put them there? After all, that is the format of the VRS frequencies.

I'm not sure I even understand the question, and that's not even what I said.

This is exactly what I said, "Their actual use is unknown as they are not active yet. Once they become active, we will know more."

I was referring to the list at the bottom and not the divisional channels. Maybe that will clear it up.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
That is a genuine question, because I do not--and never did--want to offend you, and apparently you want that done in a specific way.

Perhaps re-wording the original question in a different way would have helped us understand quicker. In any case, thank you for clarifying. No hard feelings on my end. :)

BriW

I'm not sure I even understand the question, and that's not even what I said.

This is exactly what I said, "Their actual use is unknown as they are not active yet. Once they become active, we will know more."

I was referring to the list at the bottom and not the divisional channels. Maybe that will clear it up.

Yet to quote your words again as I did before:

The short answer to your question is, we don't know.

If you still believe that you did not say that, which implies that I simply made it up, click the link at the end of your user name to see where you said that. Or if you'd still rather not trust what I provided, browse to message #13 in this thread.

kma371

QRT
Man, you just like to argue don't you?

Yes I said we don't know.

Your original question in POST 1, is "what is the difference between the 700 MHz base station listings in each CHP division and the items in the table named "Future 700Mhz Base Radio System" shown at the bottom of the CHP page"

And I've said WE DON"T KNOW.

Then I followed up with "Their actual use is unknown as they are not active yet. Once they become active, we will know more."

What don't you understand?!?!?

BriW

Man, you just like to argue don't you?

Yes I said we don't know.

Your original question in POST 1, is "what is the difference between the 700 MHz base station listings in each CHP division and the items in the table named "Future 700Mhz Base Radio System" shown at the bottom of the CHP page"

And I've said WE DON"T KNOW.

Then I followed up with "Their actual use is unknown as they are not active yet. Once they become active, we will know more."

What don't you understand?!?!?

I have not argued. I simply referred you to something that you said did not happen to clarify it for you.

You are far too hostile. I withdraw my question and will be extremely cautious about bringing any other errors to attention.

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
You are very rude.
That's a hypocritical statement based on the posts I just read from you in this thread. You need to go back and re-read them, then adjust your attitude toward people when you're asking for help.

We don't get a training class and a fifty page manual explaining how this stuff is supposed to be used. These guys try to do their best to present the data they're given with little to no explanation to how it's used. So you either take it as how it's presented or we don't provide it to you until we get definitive guidance in how it's to be organized and presented. I think most of the members here are going to prefer the former over the latter!

This thread's run it's course and I don't have time to babysit any further arguments. If someone does have factual information on the use of 700MHz, unrelated to VRS, then please start a new thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.