CHP 700 Mhz P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this has been reported previously, but woke up about 4 AM (today), put 536HP on to CHP system with Law-Disp service type turned off, and got repeated hits on CHP VRS 01 NAC: DADh P25 0n 769.16875
for entire 30 mins I was listening. I am in Cerritos, and most traffic seems to be a female dispatcher (I believe in Westminster, OC) speaking to units in field. Going to turn recording on, go back to bed, and see what I get.
Any one else been logging these 700 Mhz P25 CHPs. Crystal clear decoding on 536HP.

Steve AA6IO (Cerritos)

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Turned on Law-Disp service type. Picking up the same P25 freq 769.16875 and DAD NAC as Law Dispatch
GRY1 EXT P (Gray -1 Extender) out of Westminster.
Will log and record for next several hours while go back to sleep.
Steve

Extender's are used when the officer is out of the car to cross band lowband/700mhz every area has a primary and secondary frequencies.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Not sure if this has been reported previously, but woke up about 4 AM (today), put 536HP on to CHP system with Law-Disp service type turned off, and got repeated hits on CHP VRS 01 NAC: DADh P25 0n 769.16875
for entire 30 mins I was listening. I am in Cerritos, and most traffic seems to be a female dispatcher (I believe in Westminster, OC) speaking to units in field. Going to turn recording on, go back to bed, and see what I get.
Any one else been logging these 700 Mhz P25 CHPs. Crystal clear decoding on 536HP.

Steve AA6IO (Cerritos)

What is strange is that I have never heard any of the CHP extenders in OC. I am able to hear the mobile input frequencies when officers are close but no 700mhz extenders

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Kept the ARC-536 log going for about 12 hours on the CHP 700 freqs. Probably what I was hearing was the GRY1 Ext P, rather than the CHP VRS 01. Just happened to log on my QK for VRS channels because had same frequency listed as on another QK, where the Extenders are included. All total, I have about 32 hits for this channel. Interestingly, about 80% or more were during the 4 to 4:30 AM time frame when I posted original message. Only a few scattered loggings rest of the day. ScannerDude244, thanks for info. Pepsima1, like you, I have never heard any of these 700 Mhz extenders previously. Thought they might be VRS channel, but indeed probably it is GRY 1 EXT P, which I never have heard before. Great P25 quality and loud.
Steve AA6IO

pepsima1

Banned
Could be doing some testing during non-peak radio transmission times. Maybe these extenders will be going live in the near future.

oracavon

Kept the ARC-536 log going for about 12 hours on the CHP 700 freqs. Probably what I was hearing was the GRY1 Ext P, rather than the CHP VRS 01.

GRY1 EXT P is VRS 01. It's the VRS channel assigned as the primary extender channel for the Westminster office. Each office is assigned 2 VRS channels for their extenders - 1 primary and 1 secondary (aka alternate). VRS 01 is Westminster's primary extender channel, and VRS 02 is Westminster's secondary extender channel.

pepsima1

Banned
Really? the new extenders been on the air for the past few years and SO Cal was the first to get them

Trust me I have had them frequencies plugged into my radio scanner for a couple of years now and I have never heard any transmissions from them.

I have heard the mobile extenders on the VHF 154.905 if I am on the freeway and I am really close to a CHP officer. Also, I hear the mobile frequency if an officer is close to my house too, but no 700mhz extender frequencies.

And I am centrally located too so I should hear something.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I heard tons of traffic while on the road this morning on VRS-1. I also hear a lot around the 55 and 22, which is near the CHP Santa Ana office.
I have heard traffic on the VRS channels for a year or two. I still see a few officers with VHF portables, but most are carrying the EFJ's now.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
West Valley's P25 extender has been on for a while now. I keep it scanning on my portable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radio_Lady

West Valley's P25 extender has been on for a while now.
All of Southern Division (L.A. County) got them a couple years ago after Valley Division was completed. But the remainder of the state came to almost a complete halt for CHPERS when Southern displayed some "shortcomings" in the low-band plan. Even the P25 extenders' rollout turned into a slow-growth project.

pepsima1

Banned
I was finally able this morning to hear the Santa Ana Purple Extender this morning on the 55 frwy between the 5 frwy and the 405frwy

769.69375 RM DB7 NAC PUR1A EXT P Extender - PURPLE 1A - Primary

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Since last weekend when I heard the 700 MHz CHP and started this thread, have not heard any more.
Have left one scanner (536HP) running on record and ARC536H (Butel) logging all day today (about 12 hours) and nothing. So I guess they're around, but certainly far from a "beehive" of activity.

Steve AA6IO

Status
Not open for further replies.