CHP Channel Simplex tac 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been looking for a channel which covers my Area Seems like i found a Good One the only chp channel which i can pickup with any good power is Channel Simplex tac 8 i am geting my Local Channels plus Geting San Diego and some times they are talking out in Barstow And other zones in the desert Areas

39.14000 BM CHP TAC 8 BM Simplex - Tac 8

carlt

39.14 is also BLUE 1 for Border & Inland. I know that TAN (Oceanside/Temecula) has been using it for the last couple weeks as their primary. Unknown why. That is most likely what you are hearing. Check the PL.

carlt

39.14000 BM CHP TAC 8 BM Simplex - Tac 8 FM Law Tac

There is no PL listed in the database, so you would be receiving anything that is on that frequency.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
hotshotmike1001 and scottyhetzel, you are not hearing CHP Tac 8.

Please go to the CHP database page and press CTRL+F and type "39.14." As you can see, this frequency is also used by BLUE 1 Base in both Border Division (PL 162.2) and Inland Division (PL 118.8). Carlt explained this to you guys in post #2 of this thread...

hotshotmike1001 said:
pl is 162.2
scottyhetzel said:
HotshotMike , i get the same thing out here in the desert with p.l. 162.2 with two signal bars or so.

You are both hearing "Border Division - BLUE1 Base." We work hard to keep the radioreference database current and correct, please use it gentleman. :)

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Ok makes sense, however making a tac channel same as a blu 1 is really confusing on CHP part. We appreciate the hardwork you guys do, thanks for cntr +F tip too.

No problemo! :)

Actually most of the CHP Tac frequencies are re-used as dispatch frequencies in different divisions, meaning not every division can use every tac channel (they will interfere!). I remember this being a huge problem in the Bay Area (Golden Gate Division) as well.

I've been wanting to start a little research project into the FCC licenses with the other admins to try and figure out which Tacs are used by which divisions, because this is definitely a confusing issue.

kma371

QRT
Ok makes sense, however making a tac channel same as a blu 1 is really confusing on CHP part. We appreciate the hardwork you guys do, thanks for cntr +F tip too.

not really. since one transmits a PL the other doesn't which makes it different to them. us scanner heads don't count towards their logic :)

Bruce42

TAC8

TAC8 is supposed to have a PL tone of 136.5 Hz on both TX and RX. CSQ in low band is no longer a good option because of all the teller machines, flourescent lights, motors, etc. that open loose squelch. Besides, with PL, the channels can be reused closer to each other. (Border BLUE and Inland BLUE, for example) TAC8 is statewide.

kma371

QRT
TAC8 is supposed to have a PL tone of 136.5 Hz on both TX and RX. CSQ in low band is no longer a good option because of all the teller machines, flourescent lights, motors, etc. that open loose squelch. Besides, with PL, the channels can be reused closer to each other. (Border BLUE and Inland BLUE, for example) TAC8 is statewide.

If you can confirm that, I can update that change.

scottyhetzel

I think there is one person on the board who works at the chp retrofit location (speculating)in Sac that can confirm this pl on tac 8......please. I would love to pl the tac 8, it drives us crazy. It does not makes sense its csq..

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT

Interference from other states is also a reason to use a pl tone. Sometimes it comes in so strong that it overwhelms some receivers. I remember a discussion on another thread about California approaching Missouri about changing some frequencies and possibly giving up the entire frequency range they use for their highway patrol.

AA1Z

West Side BLU1 = 39.14, PL 136.5hz, will be changing to 39.24, 136.5.
TAC8 = 39.14, PL 136.5.
Temecula is using BLU1 39.14, PL 162.2 temporarily in place of TAN1.

Status
Not open for further replies.