CHP Coastal Division Switches to New CAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ6HCB

...and it sucks!!!

Did everyone statewide make the switch? New CAD shows LAT/LON for location, upper and lowercase characters in the description, and a few other changes.

There have been incorrect calls for other parts of the state in the local CAD online display screen, certain lines of a log not pertaining to incidents, some calls not displaying all together, etc. Hopefully they are still working on the internal --> external CAD settings, its considerably worse to how it was.

Also it seems the Media CAD is no longer - still there but just shows identical info as the public one. Anyone have any info on that?

Sac916

...and it sucks!!!

Did everyone statewide make the switch? New CAD shows LAT/LON for location, upper and lowercase characters in the description, and a few other changes.

There have been incorrect calls for other parts of the state in the local CAD online display screen, certain lines of a log not pertaining to incidents, some calls not displaying all together, etc. Hopefully they are still working on the internal --> external CAD settings, its considerably worse to how it was.

Also it seems the Media CAD is no longer - still there but just shows identical info as the public one. Anyone have any info on that?

Are you talking about the online Media site? CHP Traffic

It's been this format for a short time now. I do know that Sacramento Valley Division was the first to install a new CAD for their dispatchers - training was minimal ( per their end users ) and frustration was very high. But after a bumpy ride, they've worked through some issues.

KJ6HCB

Correct. Coastal division dispatch just switched a few days ago over and its providing frustration on both ends. Not all cars are equipped with the new radios systems though - apparently all must have the new MDTs in them though? I thought they were somehow integrated.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Wednesday morning I heard the Monterey CHP Dispatcher tell a sergeant on the Green that "the installation is in progress" and that "I'm talking to you on the Green, and you are using your normal frequency". The repeat function was not on, so I did not hear what the sgt. had to say. I thought maybe they were changing frequencies like many parts of the state have. I tuned in 45.22, which is listed in RR as a new one for them, but haven't heard a peep in two days. They seem to be dispatching on the Black and Green as before. I suppose this could be related to the CAD upgrade, but I wouldn't think that would effect the radio system. Any thoughts out there?

sonticus

Last night I met a CHP dispatcher from Monterey who said there were some hickups on their first day. The whole CAD was down for the better part of the morning and, as Antfreq mentioned, it sounds like there was little training for the dispatchers. But the other dispatch centers who have already switched over are doing fine, it'll just take some time.

Wednesday morning I heard the Monterey CHP Dispatcher tell a sergeant on the Green that "the installation is in progress" and that "I'm talking to you on the Green, and you are using your normal frequency". The repeat function was not on, so I did not hear what the sgt. had to say. I thought maybe they were changing frequencies like many parts of the state have. I tuned in 45.22, which is listed in RR as a new one for them, but haven't heard a peep in two days. They seem to be dispatching on the Black and Green as before. I suppose this could be related to the CAD upgrade, but I wouldn't think that would effect the radio system. Any thoughts out there?

I also caught the last part with the dispatcher talking about something about the green. I have never heard any thing on the new frequencies at all? Have they ever been used?

Radio_Lady

Are you talking about the online Media site? CHP Traffic
The old CHP Media site was accessed via "http://media.chp.ca.gov" (below) which required accepting the terms to get into the less-sanitized version of the incidents. IIRC, for a period of time it required a log-in and password. As of now using the old "media" URL just takes you to the same data as the regular public CAD page.

Attachments

• old CAD-TIP Media portal.jpg
    old CAD-TIP Media portal.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 697

KJ6HCB

The old CHP Media site was accessed via "http://media.chp.ca.gov" (below) which required accepting the terms to get into the less-sanitized version of the incidents. IIRC, for a period of time it required a log-in and password. As of now using the old "media" URL just takes you to the same data as the regular public CAD page.

Thats what I was referring to when I said the media page - Radio Lady do you know of any plans to bring that back? Im a media guy.

Radio_Lady

Thats what I was referring to when I said the media page - Radio Lady do you know of any plans to bring that back? Im a media guy.
I have no idea what their plans may be, and our former "resident expert" CHP dispatch supervisor isn't online here much anymore since she got promoted away from the radio.

If you haven't already, you might try emailing the contact person linked on the CAD page. I contacted them a few years ago about a copyright question and got a reasonably speedy reply. That was back when everybody was fully staffed though, so good luck with it. A two-layer CAD site might be down their priority list, I don't know <g>

You mentioned the Lat/Lon info on the site . When I've snooped on some of the more rural Comm Centers' CADs, I've found the coordinates to be very close to the text locations for the incidents I played with. Perhaps SLO's page has been having birthing pains?

KJ6HCB

Ill fire off an email. Thanks.

Yes, the Lat/Lon for SLO isnt full functional yet - sometimes for instance an incident on Highway 101 will just be listed as an address of 0 Highway 101, and the Lat/Lon 0/0.

Radio_Lady

Ill fire off an email. Thanks.

Yes, the Lat/Lon for SLO isnt full functional yet - sometimes for instance an incident on Highway 101 will just be listed as an address of 0 Highway 101, and the Lat/Lon 0/0.
Hmm. I think the 0°N, 0°W Lat/Lon would be outside CHP's SLO radio range, and more like in the beat of the Ghana Highway Police or Coast Guard.
:roll:

Attachments

• 0°0'N, 0°0'W.jpg
    0°0'N, 0°0'W.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 875

ebrockway

Seems to be multiple CAD issues

Seems every other day something is going wrong. The towing dispatch seems to skip rotation companies regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.