CHP Coastal Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing traffic on the new Coastal Lime. 45.28(B) and 42.72 (M), PL 151.4. It's probably Santa Barbara office.

Radio_Lady

I'm hearing traffic on the new Coastal Lime. 45.28(B) and 42.72 (M), PL 151.4. It's probably Santa Barbara office.
It isn't at all surprising to see Santa Barbara being changed as early as possible, since their 42.54 transmitter was hammering Central LA, which uses that frequency as Southern Black (2) Mobile. I understand that they had to shut off at least one of the Black receivers due to the interference. 151.4 is the new Coastal PL, to replace 167.9.

I'm tucked in against the wrong side of the Santa Susanas to hear Santa Barbara at all, though Ventura #31 Purple booms in as long as they use the right transmitters.

If the original plan hasn't changed, it would seem they'd now want to be moving the San Luis Obispo CC White units to the Coastal White 2 pair ASAP.

Last edited:

markclark

Premium Subscriber
The broadcast was sketchy: "Coroner en-route as of twenty ago" The FCC database shows SLO as the control point, but Ventura dispatches Santa Barbara -- unless that has now changed with the new frequency assignment. The only listing for the base frequency in the entire state is on Santa Ynez peak. I'm located down in the S.E corner of L.A. County near the O.C. line and I do occasionally receive SB CHP. But, it is very possible the new Lime has been assigned to SLO office as the dispatch point. I'll just keep listening for further information.

SCPD

QRT
Is a dispatch frequency now going to be labeled with Lime? I thought the Lime designator was for the set of tactical frequencies or are those not going to be used as a result of CHPERS.

carlt

The original CHPERS list does show a LIME dispatch freq, but the list does not say what area. Don't know about TAC use.

Looking at the PDF file that WayneH made a few years back at the bottom of it LIME to replace the second green pair coastal division in Santa Barbara. I thought they were done with the whole CHPERS and just adding blue channels?

markclark

Premium Subscriber
ScannerDude244:

There is a lot of unfinished work on the new system. Inland and Border Division have many changes coming, not to mention other areas. Finally, some areas are supposed to split off to new frequencies for that office.

Status
Not open for further replies.