CHP coin sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyG760

Premium Subscriber
I've tried a couple ways of googling this, but gotten nowhere... What is it that makes the Super Mario Bros coin sound effect in the background of some CHP transmissions? Specifically I'm hearing it in the Oceanside area on Tan.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Are you hearing this during radio transmissions with the officer talking and the sound in the background? I'm guessing its the in-car computer returning a result of a records search, some make different sounds with a " hit " or similar audio indicator during operation of the computer, receiving a message on the CAD, a number of things, or audio indicator of activation of lights or camera equipment. You'll often hear similar noises during Live PD or Cops or bodycam on traffic stops

Last edited:

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
I've tried a couple ways of googling this, but gotten nowhere... What is it that makes the Super Mario Bros coin sound effect in the background of some CHP transmissions? Specifically I'm hearing it in the Oceanside area on Tan.
Could be officer cell phones - a bunch decided to use that tone to signal messages or calls from %BLANK%

a417

U+0000
I used to set the message indicator to the SMB coin, and the Call Assigned to the powerup, trivial task

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Your Star Trek link doesn't work. I'm a Star Trek fan and have been since the first show in 1967 so I had looked forward to it.

Soundcloud is an extremely frustrating site to try and link to. But if you go to www.soundcloud.com and then type “Star Trek Voyager - Door Chime (mp3)” in the search bar at the top, it will come right up. :)

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
Soundcloud is an extremely frustrating site to try and link to. But if you go to www.soundcloud.com and then type “Star Trek Voyager - Door Chime (mp3)” in the search bar at the top, it will come right up. :)

Thanks for the links. The Soundcloud version also added some terrible and foul language rap noise. However, I get the point. I remember the second chime clip on Soundcloud quite well. I wonder if I can get that for my front door at home? 😉

More importantly I will listen to the mobile frequency of the CHP more carefully for background sounds. I don't recall any at this point. I have a neighbor who is a CHP officer and like all rural posts he parks his CHP SUV at home. He actually parks it in his personal locked garage, as he says it is easier as he then doesn't have to secure the long guns in a safe in his home. I have about a 10+ mile reception area on U.S. 395 for the mobile frequency of the local CHP frequency so I hear them fairly often.

Last edited:

nokoa3116

at around 0:55 there is a sound. I hear these often, is that what you were talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.