Chp Dx

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
FYI for folks in CA there is a good sporadic E opening north-to-south in the state. I just turned on the radio and hearing Ukiah, Redding, Sacramento areas all at FULL SCALE. I'm sure the folks up north are hearing SoCal quite well :D

Lt51506

Just a guess here, Rancho Cucamunga's main repeater I believe is on top of Santiago Peak, San Berdoo and Riverside's main is near Arrowhead w/ secondary on Box Springs (at one time situated next to the KMA tower) and Temecula's is somewhere towards Mt. Palomar.

While RC, SB and Riv are all dispatched from the SB office, Temecula is on the San Diego comm center. I know it's strange. When I lived out there years ago, all I could ever get was Riv / SB. Just like you'd think that Hemet and San Jac area of the inland empire would be SB's area, it's not. That belongs to Indio.

42mhz, being low band vhf is VERY line of sight. Elsinore is a realitivly deep bowl. It may not look it from the ground but you can really see it from the air. You're pretty much underneath Santiago Peak so you should get great reception from there. Arrowhead is a stretch for anything and I think Palomar may sit back too far. Double check your frequencies. You still should be hearing something from Palomar is any case, that's alot closer that Arrowhead.

I'm sure someone here can give you a better explaination than this, but hope this gets you pointed in the right direction.

conve36

The Radio Shack telescoping antenna works AMAZING when monitoring those low freqs. I can pick up indio, rancho, riverside, temecula and san juan capistrano when i use that antenna fully extended and sitting on my front porch. The stock uniden antenna and stock radio shack antenna pick up almost NONE of CHP. It is pretty amazing what an antenna can do! I'm ready for an outdoor antenna! (But a cheap one)

Status
Not open for further replies.