CHP Extender Inquiry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
I know CHP uses output of 769Mhz for their extenders and the input is 799Mhz. Is the NAC the same for input and output, or are they different? I know the DB can't show split NAC/Tones/etc.

Regards,

-Frank C.

ME801

I programmed both NAC's to the be the same, hopefully your licensed to transmit on those freq's since your asking for TX NAC's. (BTW, yes I am)

krazybob

I don't know the answer to this question but it makes me wonder. The new extenders are digital and if you have multiple units on seeing and they all have their extenders active that would obviously cause a problem. In that they are digital I wonder if they talk to one another and one unit declares that it will be the repeater for that incident. Hopefully somebody with more information can answer this question.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

krazybob

That's what I expected. Previously when it was analog they had an issue with on scene coordination. Mostly officers drive around with her Extender on and user HT while driving.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
In my area, they are pretty diligent about turning off their extenders, unless they are a Mazeep or Cozeep units, in that case, they seem to leave their extenders on 24/7. I am at countless traffic accident scenes where the officers are in their cars while tow trucks are hooking stuff up, and they have already shut off their extenders.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.