CHP freqs Peavine Mtn. near Reno

Status
Not open for further replies.

petnrdx

Anybody know if these are still used at Peavine?
If those are not in use, what is?

carlt

42.88 & 45.60 are shown for Truckee. The others are not in Valley Div. Does not mean that they don't have antennas on Peavine Mtn.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Susanville, Amber and Blue North are used, Chico, Gray and Valley Blue are used. I once, and only once, heard Susanville use Amber-3.

petnrdx

Peavine would be one of the few places that would have good coverage on 80 along by Floriston and Farad.
And I don't know the names. I read 42.76 / 42.08 as Amber 2 North. Is that correct?
I took those freqs directly off the combiners at Peavine a few years ago.
The "naming convention" confuses me. And the MANY references on the internet are conflicting.
I would like to get the freqs for the mountain top stations closest to Reno.
Peavine, Beckwourth and whatever they are using in Truckee or the north Tahoe area.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Go to the California database and look up Valley and Northern Divisions. I don't use PL tones but here are the frequencies:

Susanville - Amber 42.08 (B), 42.76 (M), Amber-3 45.1 ( I've only heard once as a test). 44.98 Blue North.

Chico - Gray 45.6 (B), 42.88 (M) Blue Valley 44.84. Chico dispatches Truckee. Some of the Gray sites are repeated, some are not, such as Peavine - not repeated. Amber not repeated either.

Note the alternate channel designations such as Blue 1, 2, 3 etc. have been dropped; the channels are now referred to as the color only. Areas in transition used alternate alternate channel designations temporarily for the cutover to the new channels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.