CHP Gray

Norman

What's up with the CHP Gray channel lately? Been hearing chit chat in the mornings lately that that doesn't sound like LE.
Their dispatcher just told everyone to go to the Blue channel. The Gray would be out of Truckee.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
What's up with the CHP Gray channel lately? Been hearing chit chat in the mornings lately that that doesn't sound like LE.
Their dispatcher just told everyone to go to the Blue channel. The Gray would be out of Truckee.
Norm:
Are you near Tahoe? There's probably a failure at one or more of the sites caused by massive snowfall. NHP lost some sites near Tahoe recently due to snow.

I did copy the Gray channel a few minutes ago, (13:40), probably on Mt. Pluto.

Last edited:

Norman

I'm not near SLT, I live S/O the town of El Dorado in El Dorado County at 1700' I have good reception.
Oh, BTW, I'm running a PL of 173.8 on that channel so shouldn't be skip or anything like that.
I guess I'll have to listen up and try to figure out who is on there.

Norman

Everything seems normal on the Gray this am, so, I wonder what was all that about?

markclark

Premium Subscriber
I have no idea Mark. How could I tell?
Norman:
Since you are S.W. of Tahoe you most likely receive Scout Peak the strongest and Hawkins Peak or Leviathan Peaks. You may possibly receive Mt. Pluto if you have a good outside antenna, I made a Google map of most of the Eastern Sierra and Eastern No. California CHP sites.

Try this link:

www.google.com

CHP Radio Sites - Google My Maps

www.google.com
www.google.com

Mark