CHP I-80 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

joen7xxx

Where are the hand-off points for lack of a better term between Truckee and Sacramento and Sacramento and Golden Gate? I drive from Nevada to Davis CA frequently and was curious.

Thanks in advance

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
davis from the solano county line to causeway is chp black
when u turn onto 80 from 50 becomes gold - reed ave etc up to riverside / placer county line

i am not quite sure about up in the hills

at the placer cnty line its the green - i THINK the green continues up to colfax 174 or just a little above where it becomes the gray

then gry to the border then you can listen to nhp on the nevada shared rptr system using peavine or a few other mtn tops

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
so as long as you have black gold green gry you are good

just add delete from scan as u move in out of those areas

when i m near border areas like that i usually listen to both until i am well inside THAT coverage area then i switch the old one off

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
\at the placer cnty line its the green - i THINK the green continues up to colfax 174 or just a little above where it becomes the gray

then gry to the border then you can listen to nhp on the nevada shared rptr system using peavine or a few other mtn tops

Avtarsingh's right on. Green at I-80/Riverside in Roseville, and Gray at I-80/S. Canyon Way, just south of Colfax. Then Gray to the NV state line.

Units on Green for the area you want are 45-281 through 45-283 (Auburn units up I-80). Not sure what the unit numbers or beats are for Truckee.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Chp

so as long as you have black gold green gry you are good
Don't forget Blue and Blue2.

I find myself listening to any channel "in front of me" for about 1 hour in time. If I am going to be in that area within 1 hour, I want to hear about the accidents and incidents in the area ahead of me. Once I cross out of an area, then I might lock out the channel, "behind" me.

Status
Not open for further replies.