CHP Inland Division Blue 1 & the New Blue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
The database has shown that the Inland Division's blue was on the old 42.340/42.180 and "Blue 1" on 39.140 Base and 42.180 mobile. Both have the long standing tone of 118.8 assigned to the Inland Division. Up here in the eastern Sierra, the Bishop Dispatch Center has had all 3 of its area office switch to "Blue 2" for a period of 18-30 hours twice in the last month. They announce that the Gold is being worked on and for all units to "switch to Inland Blue 2." The frequencies are 44.700 Base and 42.420 Mobile. I submitted this to the database a couple of weeks ago and besides the mobile and base being out of order, this is a valid observation that allows its addition to the database. Rather than using the 118.8 tone, I monitored the use of 110.9 on both the base and mobile frequencies.

Since the first of March, like most people, my mobility around the state has been very limited. I haven't travelled to other parts of the CHP Inland Division. So the following hypothesis is not proven. I'm thinking that Blue 1, with the 39 MHz frequency, like most of the 39 MHz base frequency is used with the CHP's version of a repeater. Has anyone in the Inland Empire heard Blue 1 being used? Does it have the mobile frequency patched over to the base frequency? It has been an observation here on RR that the "repeat" function is only used in urban areas. I'm wondering if that is the situation for Inland's Blue 1. I'm also wondering if Blue 2 is being used in the rural areas. So maybe Bishop and Barstow use Blue 2 and Inland uses Blue 1?

We need some Barstow members and Inland Empire members to watch for this use of Blue 1 and Blue 2, report it here so we can have an accurate DB.

I also suspect that radio techs are possibly working on Gold 2 in the Bishop Dispatch area. I've had a few receptions on 44.940 with the 110.9 tone in the last year or so. I've not been in the house when the scanner logged this, so I don't know if there has been any voice traffic on it. It could have been skip for all I know, but the tone of 110.9 makes me thing it is CHP in origin. I haven't noted any skip during the times I've logged this.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
i monitor the blue, never heard anything on it . Its copper in my neck of the woods..

The Blue frequencies are reserved for things like pursuits or other major incidents. Blue is now a division wide frequency or frequencies. It used to be that Blue (42.340 base, 42.180 mobile) was the statewide frequency. Radios only had 2-3 frequencies in them many years ago and so if a pursuit traveled into areas that a mobile did not have a frequency for they could switch to Blue no matter where in the state they were. There were some area offices that only had Blue until about the mid 90's. Bridgeport, Bishop, Alturas and possibly Susanville were all or some of those.

Are you monitoring all of the Inland Division Blue frequencies? The RR listings include the old statewide Blue as well as Blue 1 and Blue 2.

In Running Springs I would imagine you have some great reception far to your south, but not so good for the high desert.

tkenny53

Part of Inland is covered by Border as well. Indio dispatch. Their units go up the 10 frwy to just east of the 60 Frwy.

tkenny53

Both, Indio dispatches east and west on the 10 frwy up to the san berdo border, then its inland copper, the 60 west from the 10 is inland turquoise

Status
Not open for further replies.