CHP Los Angeles to Sonoma/Napa area

Status
Not open for further replies.

andelliotsaid

Hey,

I have a family member who moved from LA to Sonoma and was wondering what CHP frequencies I should monitor for the drive north on the 5.

What I have so far

Southern Division
Tan
Central Division
Brown
Turquoise
Maroon
Orange
Yellow
Golden Gate
Grape
Khaki
Maroon
Turquoise

I am most interested in the vast areas of the 5 where there are no close chp offices.

Thanks

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
I thought the White was 44.920. If the east bay freeways are all plugged up, sometimes faster to go to Lodi and then west on SR12.

Sonoma county is on the Emerald except Sonoma valley which uses the Grape.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Southern Division
Tan
Central Division
Brown
Turquoise
Maroon
Orange
Yellow
I assume you're taking 580 to cut over to 680? I think Orange takes you up to roughly the Patterson exit, then Yellow I believe covers a tiny section in there around Patterson to the 580 cut. You'll want to add White3 44.920 for the Tracy office to cover that 580/205 area. You should switch to Khaki right around the Altamont pass area. Also in the central valley, the dispatch channels cover horizontal east/west strips, instead of the more logical "I5 corridor" and "99 corridor". So you'll hear a lot of traffic for Hwy99 (across the valley) while you're on the 5. Similar on a small scale for the Golden Gate division, same channels might cover 880 as well as 680, and/or they'll patch audio across a couple channels sometimes, so you'll need to pay attention to intersection names, and/or unit numbering to tell if the officer belongs to the office that you're closest too ("one-eighteen" units while on 580 coming onto 680 etc.)
Golden Gate
Grape
Khaki
Maroon
Turquoise

Other than missing White near 5 cutoff to 580, I think you got it all!

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
OP... You may no longer hear CHP traffic unless you are very close to the transmission site. Many of us can no longer hear much of anything.

kma371

QRT
OP... You may no longer hear CHP traffic unless you are very close to the transmission site. Many of us can no longer hear much of anything.

I don't believe that's necessarily true. I can hear Ruby (San Jose) on portable with stock antenna in Menlo Park right now. Same with Amber (Redwood City).

andelliotsaid

I would add Stockton Dispatch 44.94 which dispatches the Tracy Area (5/580).

Thanks, I will definitely add.

Edit.
scratch that. Was going to tell you to add bronze for Oakland, but 680 is probably faster.
I assume you're taking 580 to cut over to 680? I think Orange takes you up to roughly the Patterson exit, then Yellow I believe covers a tiny section in there around Patterson to the 580 cut. You'll want to add White3 44.920 for the Tracy office to cover that 580/205 area. You should switch to Khaki right around the Altamont pass area. Also in the central valley, the dispatch channels cover horizontal east/west strips, instead of the more logical "I5 corridor" and "99 corridor". So you'll hear a lot of traffic for Hwy99 (across the valley) while you're on the 5. Similar on a small scale for the Golden Gate division, same channels might cover 880 as well as 680, and/or they'll patch audio across a couple channels sometimes, so you'll need to pay attention to intersection names, and/or unit numbering to tell if the officer belongs to the office that you're closest too ("one-eighteen" units while on 580 coming onto 680 etc.)

Other than missing White near 5 cutoff to 580, I think you got it all!

Yes I will take the 5 to the 580 to 680 to 12 I believe. Thanks for all of the good info. Really appreciate it.

andelliotsaid

I haven't seen a drop in transmissions here at home. I pick up pretty much all of Los Angeles frequencies but thanks for the warning

Status
Not open for further replies.