CHP Numbering

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtmatt

Premium Subscriber
Hi I was wondering on the CHP live audio what numbering series is the central division? Thanks in advanced

wolter

What do you mean by numbering series? Numbering series of what specifically?

clanusb

i think he means how the chp assigns there field units numbers. and if their numbers have any correlation to the geographical area of their beat.
like how calfire assigns there unit numbers...the first 2 are from the region, then the last two are something else.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
If you look in the database for CHP, the field office numbers (which are the first half of the unit ID, the second half being the beat) are included in the description field.

sgtmatt

Premium Subscriber
I remember in Chips 99 they id as 79's but i know they operated out of east la in that reunion and i'm sure numbering probabley has changed since then

Dragon911

I remember in Chips 99 they id as 79's but i know they operated out of east la in that reunion and i'm sure numbering probabley has changed since then

They have added new stations but AFAIK all station numbers have stayed the same for years.

Juddthegreat

Premium Subscriber
The numbering system dates back to District numbers first used by CHP. The number used for each offices now just comes out of a list, no set system. XXX The second set is the beat number, sometimes with a shift letter A=Dayshift C= Graveyard but is set by the office.

gman65

Premium Subscriber
The numbering system dates back to District numbers first used by CHP. The number used for each offices now just comes out of a list, no set system. XXX The second set is the beat number, sometimes with a shift letter A=Dayshift C= Graveyard but is set by the office.

Does anyone have a full list. There are some offices that are not listed in the database. I've tried looking through the department web site, but there are no listings that show them. If someone can provide it we can post the link on the wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.