CHP Office Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka6sqg

Premium Subscriber
An additional resource, directly from the CHP’s website:
View attachment 79224
Increase the transparency of this map and overlay it on a map of the state with county lines. You will then have all the exact boundaries. Just an idea.

I started by trying to import that map... but it isn’t accurate at all (just look at shape of SF peninsula for instance)

ka6sqg

Premium Subscriber
I started by trying to import that map... but it isn’t accurate at all (just look at shape of SF peninsula for instance)

and just look at Alturas/Yreka boundary for one of many places it doesn’t follow county lines

norcalbusa

I made this by processing a couple recent years of public incident data. The polygons are where a particular office is almost certainly the agency taking the incident report, after scrubbing out a bunch of geocoding errors and eliminating a fair percentage of stray cross-boundary data. If you have a particular location you think needs adjustment, let me know, and I'll go back and look at the (megabytes of) raw data.

Amazingly accurate. The Gilroy office handles calls on Hwy 25 North of the entrance of The Pinnacles Natl Park (Hwy 146), King City handles from there south on 25. The line your data calculated is just a bit north of that. This is cool.

ka6sqg

Premium Subscriber
Duh - didn't even think of that. Yeah I'll let you know if I find any corrections up in the rural NorCal. I'm eyeballing 36E near Lassen, the eastern boundary of Red before Amber was a lot further west than I expected. My unofficial line has always been Morgan Summit. I'll keep a closer eye on the responding office for any calls up there.

From looking at the incident data for a long period, it looks like the boundary might be right at the Lassen National Forest boundary

Status
Not open for further replies.