CHP P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

CityNewsSupport

City News Support
Premium Subscriber
Quick Question Guys:)
I am looking to try some of the CHP P25 Freqs My question is when using freescan what system do you use to program them? As far as I Can tell the P25 systems use TGID Numbers Would the Following Be Programed Conventional?

769.16875 WPTZ774 RMDAD NACGLD3 EXT P Gold 3 - Extender - Primary P25 Law Talk
769.68125 WPTZ774 RMDB6 NACGLD3 EXT A Gold 3 - Extender - Alternate P25 Law Talk

DANE_KI6OAA

Closet Nerd
Premium Subscriber
These extenders only output 19mW from the VRS. Unless you are within about 3/4 of a mile at best away from a patrol car or mc, you will never hear it. Their are about 16 different VRS frequencies and they only vary depending on chp region as to minimize interference amongst themselves and surrounding agencies in the 700's.

These are simplex C4FM channels each NAC is specifically for each VRS frequency.

The VRS is used for the officers HT's to talk back to their patrol vehicle then crossbanded to either their primary LB radio or whatever radio they want.

ScanningHertz

Quick Question Guys:)
I am looking to try some of the CHP P25 Freqs My question is when using freescan what system do you use to program them? As far as I Can tell the P25 systems use TGID Numbers Would the Following Be Programed Conventional?

769.16875WPTZ774RMDAD NACGLD3 EXT PGold 3 - Extender - PrimaryP25Law Talk
769.68125WPTZ774RMDB6 NACGLD3 EXT AGold 3 - Extender - AlternateP25Law Talk
Program these has Digital (P25) Conventional. They are not associated to a Trunked Radio System. They are just a single frequency just like programming the other CHP frequencies.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
As ScanningHertz says, they are conventional, not trunked, so no TGID's needed etc. Just the freq, in P25 mode, with the NAC.

The 700Mhz stuff is fun to monitor while mobile because often times, mobile antenna setups hear 700 much better than the lowband, and since they are short range, it definitely warns you of a unit parked alongside the road in the next mile or so...

I organize my radio with just the two 700Mhz freqs that belong to that particular dispatch center, instead of scanning all the VRS channels. I also stick them first, before their respective low band channels, in hopes I'll be alerted when they are close...

Status
Not open for further replies.