CHP Portables

Status
Not open for further replies.

i5adam8

I know CHP uses the mobile extender system for portable radio communication,I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the radio brand and model is that they are currently using for portables.

Mick

In Orange County they have Motorola HT100's.

I know CHP uses the mobile extender system for portable radio communication,I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the radio brand and model is that they are currently using for portables.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I have been seeing a lot more of the E.F. Johnson portable radios on the belts of CHP officers in the Sacramento area over the past few weeks. My guess is they are using them for the SRRCS as they also still have the HT1000. I am not sure it they are already programed with the CHP 700MHz frequencies or not.

Last edited:

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
As noted by others, HT-1000 is the current VHF portable.
The 700 MHz AVRs with EFJohnson 51ES series portables are coming soon (and will replace the 154 MHz AVR/ portables.

Motorola HT1000 VHF portables with the (I think) Pyramid electronics AVR installed. Currently on 154.9050 MHz, and like some say they are being phased out for the EF Johnson 700MHz Digital portables with their own AVR system sometime in the next year or so.

Trevor KI6KGN

Status
Not open for further replies.