CHP Redwood City (Amber) Is Off Air?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CHP Redwood City Amber channel has been dead the last few days. Anyone know what's happening?
I thought perhaps they had switched traffic to the SF Pink, because of increased traffic there that appears to be also covering further down the Peninsula.
What's going on?

nokoa3116

It sounds like CHP Amber for 91 units and CHP Pink 32 units "simulcast" at night. During the day I see traffic. But at night you can only hear the dispatcher on Redwood City but you can hear both units and the same dispatcher on SF Pink. I think they start at 6:10PM.

It sounds like CHP Amber for 91 units and CHP Pink 32 units "simulcast" at night. During the day I see traffic. But at night you can only hear the dispatcher on Redwood City but you can hear both units and the same dispatcher on SF Pink. I think they start at 6:10PM.
I'm not hearing the Amber during the day or at night, though I am hearing Oakland, Solano, Napa, Marin, etc.. This is with two different scanners and different antennas that have always worked in the past. I'll be going out again today, traveling around the Peninsula and listen in with my portable to see if it comes in. I was listening last night using a discone and base scanner and got nothing. In the past the Amber was one of the most active channels I listened to.

I went down to Redwood City today. Definitely getting some traffic on Amber, but doesn't seem like it's as busy as it normally is. Also, I noticed that I didn't pick up anything until I hit 92. I wonder if there is a northern repeater that has been taken off-line. Could they have resized the districts? Pink extending further down the Peninsula and Amber starting further south?

nokoa3116

At around 6:10 the dispatcher said they are beginning to again, "simulcasting" for the night with 91 & 32 units. I am not in the area so I am not able to listen to it directly and see what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.