CHP Southern Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me if CHP Southern Division uses any other "Blue" frequency, besides Southern Blue-2 on 45.42 / 136.5 PL?

I was monitoring a pursuit last night in East L.A.'s area, on the Yellow3 frequency. Once they were well into Long Beach, dispatch advised all units to switch to the Blue. I switched to the aforementioned Southern Blue-2, but didn't hear a peep. I've heard other traffic on that channel, just not during last night's pursuit.

So, I'm left trying to figure out if there's another Blue frequency in use by Southern division. I tried the old original Blue at 42.34, but there was no traffic there either.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Possible, I suppose, but doubtful.

They were in Long Beach. There was never any mention of O.C. or Border. The switch was being made so that East L.A. units could coordinate a handoff with South L.A.

Wish I'd thought to check border, though.

scottyhetzel

Can anyone tell me if CHP Southern Division uses any other "Blue" frequency, besides Southern Blue-2 on 45.42 / 136.5 PL?

I was monitoring a pursuit last night in East L.A.'s area, on the Yellow3 frequency. Once they were well into Long Beach, dispatch advised all units to switch to the Blue. I switched to the aforementioned Southern Blue-2, but didn't hear a peep. I've heard other traffic on that channel, just not during last night's pursuit.

So, I'm left trying to figure out if there's another Blue frequency in use by Southern division. I tried the old original Blue at 42.34, but there was no traffic there either.

Thanks!

They usually switch to the old blue 42.340 . Were you monitoring this freq. when they switched?

Last edited:

scottyhetzel

Thanks!

They usually switch to the old blue 42.340 . Were you monitoring this freq. With a p.l.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
They usually switch to the old blue 42.340 . Were you monitoring this freq. With a p.l.

I actually listened to the old blue without PL. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have the wrong tone, so I didn't use one at all. It was silent.

hpycmpr

I've noticed they are staying on the local dispatch frequencies lately for pursuits. I don't know if this is a long term change or the Blue is being used by others at the time. They didn't use the Blues last night for a motorcycle pursuit from Commerce area to San Diego. They hopscotched from each local dispatch all the way.

Steve

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
I've noticed they are staying on the local dispatch frequencies lately for pursuits. I don't know if this is a long term change or the Blue is being used by others at the time. They didn't use the Blues last night for a motorcycle pursuit from Commerce area to San Diego. They hopscotched from each local dispatch all the way

I've noticed that too. Used to be, they would send pursuit traffic to the (old) Blue most of the time. Not sure why they don't do that with Blue-2, or use a TAC channel these days. I haven't figured out the method to the madness, since I've been back in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.