CHP Tactical Alert- Golden Gate Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utah_Viper

I really have a very bad feeling about the torch relay going there Wednesday. I guess they already had some people scaling the Golden Gate bridge today. I think things are going to get very interesting there this week.

karldotcom

And that is the number one target in SF?

---------------------------

Bridge manager Kary Witt said cameras are trained on the span, but that authorities at first didn't realize what the protesters were doing because they wore "ordinary" clothing and pushed a baby stroller. Their "Team Tibet" T-shirts were covered, and their banners and climbing gear were disguised by the stroller, he said.

Witt said the group began to rappel after he went out with a bullhorn and pleaded with them. He told the activists that they were posing a danger to themselves and bridge employees.

RolnCode3

This is not the first time the GGB has been climbed for this type of stuff. Woody Harrelson was arrested a few years ago during one of these. Won't be the last either.

If they don't agree with something, more power to them for being vocal. Getting arrested on felony charges, placing emergency workers in jeopardy (if they have to climb the bridge too), and causing havoc with commuters isn't cool, though.

Last edited:

emt_531

I hope someone can catch some video of the extra patrols, Im curious how many people are out there watching those couple of bridges? Also, any good CHP feeds from this area?

Status
Not open for further replies.