CHP Tan1 39.140 / Ocside/Temecula

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlt

The new Border Brown may be 39.34 Mhz . Recent license modifications were made to the Temecula office license; Vista Grande radio site; and Santiago Peak radio site. BTW, I've never heard any traffic on L.A. CHP 39.34Mhz-Peach. We'll just have to wait and see.

According to the db, the matching mobile freq is 42.26, but that license expired 5 years ago. Did anyone find another new license that might be the mobile?

Mike_G_D

Hearing a recorded looped test count message on 39.34MHz. It's content identifies as testing on "the Tan" but that could be just because they are using the same recorded test message as is used for the Tan and just haven't bothered to change it to whatever the new channel will be called ("Brown" as someone mentioned earlier, possibly). That or else it will be the new Tan and the old one will change designator (which seems less likely to me but ...?).

Whatever the eventual designator it sounds like the new channel work is progressing quickly.

-Mike

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
They were reporting poor reception on the I-5 Encinitas corridor last night, saying techs were "working on the problem".

Still hearing Temecula (115) units on the Tan/Blue 1.........maybe reprogramming all the radios is taking longer than they expected? Anyone hearing any peeps on any of the Brown frequencies?

Paul

Mike_G_D

They were reporting poor reception on the I-5 Encinitas corridor last night, saying techs were "working on the problem".

Still hearing Temecula (115) units on the Tan/Blue 1.........maybe reprogramming all the radios is taking longer than they expected? Anyone hearing any peeps on any of the Brown frequencies?

Paul

Umm, ...unless you're referring to time periods after yesterday I believe that my post just preceding yours may count as a report of hearing what essentially amounts to a "peep"...

-Mike

Last edited:

Mike_G_D

Update: Today, 8/28/2014, there seems to be a lot of range and/or quality testing on the new 39.34MHz channel which I think will be the new "Brown" channel for Temecula Border units. The tech(s) in the field report Winchester Road a lot so I am assuming this will be for Temecula and therefor the new "Brown" as others have mentioned. Also mentioned 74 eastbound from I15 as a starting point later on.

At some point we probably need to start a new thread for this new channel and it will probably have to be in the Greater Los Angeles and Inland Areas Discussion sub-forum since it is more closely related to that area now.

-Mike

scottyhetzel

Anyone know the dig. Extender freq and NAC for new temecula units ?

Anyone know how far East on Hwy 371 (aquanga/Anza) Temecula handles ? I know San Gorgonio (Indio red) takes over there somewhere...?

Mike_G_D

My guess is nothing really "new" other than the frequency they will eventually call "home" (the new "Brown"...?...I guess...); otherwise they will likely operate exactly as they have been other than no longer having to share the channel with the Oceanside 92 units. The extender frequency may change - we'll just have to wait until someone snags it for that info.

-Mike

Mike_G_D

Sounds like they are doing a lot of final coverage testing today on the new Brown with real 115 units (39.34MHz, 162.2Hz).

-Mike

Mike_G_D

Yeah they're ok where I am but I have a LOT of local noise so they don't come in near as clear for me as the Tan, of course, but then I'm in north Carlsbad so you'd kinda figure it that way. Anyway, I would think this will help them quite a bit - loading now will go way down on the Tan.

-Mike

brandon

Database Admin
Heard them mention Santiago, Cuyamaca and Via Grande. I'm also hearing simplex on 39.340 between a couple units.

scottyhetzel

Santiago ?

Heard them mention Santiago, Cuyamaca and Via Grande. I'm also hearing simplex on 39.340 between a couple units.

Hi Brandon,

Santiago is a long haul from Temecula...not sure why they have a tower their. Maybe their thinking pursuit...but than again they can switch to one of the three blues. They are putting out some serious EMF its clear as day here in palm desert.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
nice find on the new Brown channel. I was at the Santa Ana and Westminister CHP offices last night and I could hear the 700mhz extender channels working fulltime from base to mobile and mobile to base. The crazy thing is that I was not able to hear any of the low band frequencies at the offices until I got back on the freeway. Go figure.

scottyhetzel

nice find on the new Brown channel. I was at the Santa Ana and Westminister CHP offices last night and I could hear the 700mhz extender channels working fulltime from base to mobile and mobile to base. The crazy thing is that I was not able to hear any of the low band frequencies at the offices until I got back on the freeway. Go figure.

So you are saying its the extender and the not the new base 700mhz. The base 700 mhz free is what the the officers should be using...this way the vehicles dont have to have battery drain. Something is going on if you did not have low band till you left.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I was hearing the VRS 01 at Westminister and VRS 11 at Santa Ana. Parked in both of their parking lots and was hearing dispatch fulltime and mobile units. It drops real fast when you leave the area though.

scottyhetzel

Station Areas

The Temecula units #115 handle East on hwy 371 to Carl Road which is the Cahuilla Indian Reservation. This is basically the separation between Aquanga and Anza. both being unincorporated cities. So naturally CHP handles all the traffic enforcement and accident reports. San G(orgonio) #97 units handle East of Carl Road. Indio Red 1 #76 picks up jurisdiction at Vista Point on Hwy 74..

On the West end...Temecula handles hwy 79 to Scott Road...than San G. takes it North.

Status
Not open for further replies.