CHP Tan1 39.140 / Ocside/Temecula

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am going to hit up the Indio CHP tomorrow to test my theory. Its within about 10 minutes to where I will be staying for the weekend.

scottyhetzel

No I am hearing the vehicle extender frequencies in their parking lot. Actually this is what is crazy, I can't hear their base or mobile VHF low band but I can hear their vehicle extender 700 MHz frequencies talking from base to mobile and mobile back to base station. In SA and Westminister this is how it is working right now. Crazy as it sounds.

Its not crazy at all...it makes sense that it works that way. This way the vhf low does not have connect with the 700mhz freq. The console or dispatch center voice feed just the 700 mhz

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
It sure will be nice one day when VHF low band goes away and they completely go to 700mhz P25. Sounds so much better. Plus you won't have to put up a big massive whip antenna to pull in the VHF low band frequencies.

scottyhetzel

It sure will be nice one day when VHF low band goes away and they completely go to 700mhz P25. Sounds so much better. Plus you won't have to put up a big massive whip antenna to pull in the VHF low band frequencies.

It will never happen...the vhf low travels waaaaaaaaay tooooooo far. I agree with you. I would love to have a yagi antenna pointed to the extender at the Indio office to listen to it, in the mean time. I dislike the hiss and noise. Sorry to get off topic.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Border is testing (again) on the TAN. I noticed degraded signal quality right after the split off for the new BROWN channel a few weeks ago.

carlt

Call me confused. I thought the Tan & Brown were now separate. (I do not listen unless I am going that direction) But during this testing/fixing, I have heard both 92 & 115 units on BLUE 1?
Are the Tan & Brown normally patched or simulcast? Why else would I hear both on BLUE1 if the Tan is being fixed?

jodystott

Both blue 1 border and brown are patched. When the tan is fixed, both tan and brown will be together. They also added a new tower in San marcos.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Blue 1, Brown and Tan 1 are each simulcast (multiple transmitters on the same RF channel transmitting at the same time). Border Communications normally runs Tan 1 and Brown multicast (patched together).

carlt

Got it, I think. They need to get those fixed and work on the Orange which is bad in some areas and not readable in others!

Status
Not open for further replies.