Chp uhf-2 south 460.375

Status
Not open for further replies.

scma127

Premium Subscriber
question I listen to chp uhf -2 analog pl127.3 I here union pacific police a lot talking on it and I hear call sign d.m.v on there who are these guys it very busy sunday they were running liscense checks on plates well as people.i live in Compton I right near the railroad tracks I do here union pacific police and bnsf I see them a lot patrolling alameda well as private security and input on this would be appreciated

kma371

QRT
DMV as in Department of Motor Vehicles. Probably their investigators who are law enforcement.

I guess that's your question since I never saw a question mark anywhere.

scottyhetzel

Railroad law enforcement use that channel for access to CHP dispatchers to run plates. Also D.M.V. police have special teams after vehicle releated fraud and stolen vehicles. If you listen close you can hear the same dispatcher voice of the main dispatch center.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
California DMV Investigators. They're one of the main users of the CHP UHF frequencies.

scottyhetzel

All day Saturday I heard railroad police running trespassers near the tracks near the 10 fwy in coachella valley. They were using Indio dispatch to run names and warrant checks. The identifier was 67530.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
FYI: 460.375 is UHF 1 and 460.450 is UHF 2, be sure to keep both programmed in your radio.

DMV Investigations Division
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/fo/fotocinv.htm

"The DMV Investigations Division protects the programs and interests of the department and public through active fraud/counterfeit detection, investigation, audit and enforcement services. The Investigations Division diligently enforces laws, rules, and regulations that apply to new and used vehicle dealers, brokers, dismantlers, registrations services, vehicle verifiers, misuse of Disabled Person Parking Placard/Plates, driving schools or traffic violator schools, and other vehicle-related businesses."

Disabled Person Parking Placard/Plate fraud is HUGE here in California. There's also an internal issue the DMV is trying to deal with. Earlier this year, DMV investigators caught multiple DMV employees at offices around San Diego County selling driver licenses to undocumented immigrants.

Also, if you look carefully the next time you go to the DMV you will notice a small HT sitting on one of the desks. This is so the employees can request immediate CHP assistance for anything from someone talking on their cellphone to someone attempting to register a stolen vehicle. I once heard the Newhall DMV request CHP for someone who had shown up at their behind the wheel exam appointment completely wasted.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
Did CHP finally align NorCal and SoCal? For decades .375 has been UHF 1 here in SoCal while .450 has been UHF 1 in NorCal. CHP didn't start using .450 here in SoCal until around 2009 which is why it was referred to as UHF 2.

KB7MIB, the link is working fine here.

dgower

Premium Subscriber
Union Pacific has a contract with CHP to use that channel for running people/plates and assistance requests.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Funny today I heard CA Lottery employee on 460.375 requesting CHP response to deal with 3 415 subjects around East LA.

scottyhetzel

Today I heard a U.P. ( Union Pacific r.r.) Officer pursue some guys in a stolen vehicle, by the railroad tracks...the officer told CHP that they can not go in pursuit code 3 due to their policy. The UP guy asked CHP Indio to alert Palm Springs and asked for CHP since they were getting on the freeway. I guess these officer see a lot of riffraff around track areas. CHP tried to do a patch but the patch did not work. The UP officer kept stepping on the CHP officers...apparently CHP could not hear UP .

Status
Not open for further replies.