CHP Westminster & San Juan Capistrano

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDaze

When I monitor Westminster dispatch on 39.72 while passing through that area, I also pick up traffic from San Juan Capistrano dispatch on the same freq. (I'm not using PL, but I see they are using the same tone anyway.)

Is this happening to anyone else?

(GRE 500, Comtelco low-band 11" duck)

carlt

Unless the db is wrong, they are on different base frequencies, so since they are in the same dispatch center, the guess is that they are likely patched. The PL tone would have nothing to do with hearing them on each others base freq. when they are different.
I don't monitor them normally, so this is a guess.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yes they are patched at certain times of the day. I mostly hear those frequencies being patched in the late evening probably due to running a skeleton crew. Since Westminster and San Juan Cap are pretty slow during certain times they probably just need one dispatcher.

oracavon

Yes they are patched at certain times of the day. I mostly hear those frequencies being patched in the late evening probably due to running a skeleton crew. Since Westminster and San Juan Cap are pretty slow during certain times they probably just need one dispatcher.

That's basically correct, but it's not an actual patch. One dispatcher will transmit on both frequencies simultaneously (you will hear the dispatcher on both the Westminster and San Juan channels), but the mobiles will be repeated only on their own channel. So the channels themselves aren't actually patched together, it's just that the dispatcher will transmit on both channels simultaneously when they are sharing a single dispatcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.