CHPD is on the air!

Status
Not open for further replies.

califzeph

The new Citrus Heights Police Department has hit the streets and the airwaves! Right now, they are in 2 channel operation, with "Adam and Charles units" on Ch 1 and "David and Motor units" on Ch 2.
They sure are making a mess of vehicle stops right off the bat, with maximum traffic enforcement as one of their major projects.
Be careful driving out there!

servo_fan

I wonder if CHPD will continue to run 2 dispatch channels going forward? Given the size and population of the city, that seems like overkill, but what do I know. Also, what do you guys think will happen with SD2 now that CHPD is on their own talkgroups? Will they continue to use it for just district 2, (again, that seems like overkill), or could there be another use for the talkgroup?

servo_fan

rolncode3 said:
Rumor floating that a reorganization of radio channels is in order. Don't remember any specifics though.
Yeah, antfreq mentioned that they would be changing some unit identifiers soon, so maybe the channels will be shuffled as well. The Adrian Monk in me would like to have channel numbers match district numbers, (kind of like Sac PD does for everything but Ch 1), but as long as we can still monitor it I will be happy.

ssmith39

Premium Subscriber
Origin of Citrus Heights PD?

Is CHPD an autonomous department chartered by the City of Citrus Heights, or is it a contract agency from the Sheriff's Office?

sac-emt

califzeph said:
The new Citrus Heights Police Department has hit the streets and the airwaves! Right now, they are in 2 channel operation, with "Adam and Charles units" on Ch 1 and "David and Motor units" on Ch 2.
They sure are making a mess of vehicle stops right off the bat, with maximum traffic enforcement as one of their major projects.
Be careful driving out there!

On June 15th, on my way to Metro Fire's Station 21, I was eastbound on Greenback coming from I80 and the city had a notification sign that traffic enforcement will be strictly enforced on June 26th.

I see now that they mean business. Hoorahs to CHPD!!!

I am waiting for the city to start cleaning up Sayonara.

sac-emt

Citrus Heights Police Department

ssmith39 said:
Is CHPD an autonomous department chartered by the City of Citrus Heights, or is it a contract agency from the Sheriff's Office?

They are a brand new police department, but were formally contracted by the Sacramento Sheriff's Department.

The Sacramento Bee has articles about the new department.

RolnCode3

sac-emt said:
They are a brand new police department, but were formally contracted by the Sacramento Sheriff's Department.

The Sacramento Bee has articles about the new department.
*formerly* contracted. That contract is now over and they are completely autonomous. Having difficulty getting into their channel. They don't seem to have MDCs, and it sounds like a bunch of laterals that carried over some habits from their old agencies. Hopefully it'll get more interesting, but it sounded pretty mundane.

As an aside, it's weird listening to their new numbering system (as well as SSD...). Hopefully it'll make more sense soon, but it's sounding goofy so far.

Best of luck to the new agency though. They've got a tough crowd to deal with out there.

boyer95672

Folsom Police & Citrus Heights Police

Does anybody know the new talkgroup numbers these two dept's ?

Thanks
Ken

califzeph

Two of them cruised through our neighborhood yesterday. Looked pretty sharp. As a member of the Neighborhood Watch committee, I was happy to see them, as the SO never came through our area, so I gave them a big wave as I drove past them.

boyer95672

Just a word of thanks guys,,,

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say thank you the info. on talk group numbers that was great response.

Thank you again,

Ken

Sac916

RolnCode3 said:
*formerly* contracted. That contract is now over and they are completely autonomous. Having difficulty getting into their channel. They don't seem to have MDCs, and it sounds like a bunch of laterals that carried over some habits from their old agencies. Hopefully it'll get more interesting, but it sounded pretty mundane.

As an aside, it's weird listening to their new numbering system (as well as SSD...). Hopefully it'll make more sense soon, but it's sounding goofy so far.

Best of luck to the new agency though. They've got a tough crowd to deal with out there.

CHPD still holds contracts with SSD. There are a few services that CHPD requires, such as Air Support, CSI and K9. Some of the detective functions are still held by SSD.

califzeph said:
Two of them cruised through our neighborhood yesterday. Looked pretty sharp. As a member of the Neighborhood Watch committee, I was happy to see them, as the SO never came through our area, so I gave them a big wave as I drove past them.

Guess all those calls I dispatched in CH were fake.

The city of CH provided a level of service that they wanted while under contract. If they wanted more cops they could have contracted for more. Now that they have their own police department they are obviously putting more of an effort into their services. Just keep your fingers crossed that the city can continue to provide the excellent level of service they promise. Just remember folks, because you don't see a cop doesn't mean they aren't around ( or have been around ) Some of those CH streets require A LOT of attention, thus taking away from a taxpayers expected level of service.

Status
Not open for further replies.