Christian County and the BCD436HP

simpledesign

Premium Subscriber
I can tune to the frequency and I get nothing. It only shows NFM though so I am not sure I am on the right system. I am very slow with learning this stuff.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
If you can tune to that freq and you see nothing, then you are not hearing the Zone 4 80 MHz simo site.

KA0KDW

A few things. The control needed is 859.9625 not any of the others listed. The others are back up that are only used for about an hour once a quarter for testing. Second, the 436/536 will perform fine on the simulcast. Lastly, from nixa if you’re running on the stock antenna ajd inside a building you’re going to have issues on the Greene county system. Before getting too frustrated give it a couple months as there are some upgrades to their system coming.

As for Christian county…the reason you can hear them on your “ham” DMR radio is because they aren’t conventional DMR any longer. Christian for the time being is on a flavor of DMR trunking known as capacity plus. Again, don’t get too worried about them at this time because it’s unknown how much longer the law will be on that system as they are in the works of building a simulcast P25 trunk system to put on MoSWIN and at the very least law will be moving to that.

simpledesign

Premium Subscriber
I was able to get SPD just north of Nixa but I have switched to a Diamond SRH77.

KA0KDW

I was able to get SPD just north of Nixa but I have switched to a Diamond SRH77.
Properly tuned antra’s will help signicantlu with receiving things you want. Also it might get easier to receive Greene coubty simuvlast after may. At least that’s the last update I’ve received. They are supposed to be doing work on the 7 sites that make up the simuvlast that will improve the range of the system (especially in Greene county).