Christian County Capacity Plus System

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA0KDW

This thread has been created to discuss the new Christian Cointu Cap Plus system sites and talk groups. Christian county switched to capacity plus staring at midnight on November 30, 2021. So far per licenses (WRBX582 and WQOV984) it looks like there is 7 sites. Ozark Nortj (the second license listed ) and Delmina sites are not listed. Each site has two frequencies and 3 voice paths with one time slot being a control channel.

sites are as follows. I will also include the color codes for each frequency…I did not get LCN’s

Ozark East/South - 2449 E Hartley St
154.8075 (Color 2)
155.8125 (Color 1)

Sparta - 8700 State Hwy 14
155.835 (Color 4)
156.225 (Color 5)

Spokane - NE 1/4, NW 1/4 Section 27 (whatever the heck that means!)
151.250 (Color 7)
154.250 (I seemed to have missed this one)

Clever - 8302 State Hwy 14
151.295 (Color 10)
155.4975(Color 11)

Nixa - 1271 Westside Blvd
154.055 Color 13)
154.340 (Color 14)

Last two sites are not active yet

Delmina - RT H / 0.9 km south of Pine Ridge (This site is NOT operational yet - they haven't built the tower yet for it)

Ozark North - RT NN and Stem St

KA0KDW

Talk groups I have found so far

1: appears to be county wide fire

7: not sure. Don’t recall what traffic I heard on this talk group

47: sheriff (not sure if this is the only sheriff channel or if there’s multiple. Only heard Christian sheriff and
Sparta PD on this talk group

55: Nixa Police

58: possibly for Billings fire. I heard traffic about a specific Billings apparatus being back in quarters

60: Ozark Police

Nixa and Ozark will need to be double checked. I forgot to notate on my phone so I may have reversed those.

KA0KDW

One thing that should be notated oj the fire ops channels. Those belong to septic fire departments. So if people rejoice hear them can notate the the units they hear on them and what site they hear them on that would help identify them. The local fire talk groups will only be heard on the local site for the department they are not heard across all towers. For example Billings Fire is likely heard on the clever site only. The best way to work on that would be to listen solely to the fire dispatch channel. Once a call comes out for a specific department listen for the apparatus identifier and then watch for the local department channel.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Wonder If anyone has a list of department apparatuses? On the old system it was an easy task. I have not lived in Christian county (Nixa) long so it’s rather difficult to identify who is who unless the dispatcher identifies the particular department. I do hear a “brush 11” quite a bit so I assume that’s either in the communities of Nixa or Ozark. I don’t believe there is anything yet that would assist in id’s in the Wiki…🤔

KA0KDW

Brush 11 I believe is Ozark. The engines22 and so on is Nixa. You may hear utility 60 which is Sparta. 900 is Billings. I don’t recall the rest. But if one listens to dispatches shouldn’t be that difficulty to figure out. I’m sure once those “fire ops” talk groups are identified to the fire department that will help even more.

Last edited:

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Brush 11 I believe is Ozark. The engines22 ajd so on is Nixa. You may hear utility 60 which is parts. 900 I Billings. I don’t recall the rest. But if one listens to dispatches shouldn’t be that difficulty to figure out. I’m sure once those “fire ops” talk groups are identified to the fire department that will help even more.
I will listen a little more since my wife and I are home with a creepy crud (verified NON covid) so not sure where it was picked up. We are retired so don’t go much of anywhere…😪

KA0KDW

I found a talk group 205. Small bit of traffic sounded like it was possibly highway department. If someone could listen to that specific talk group to confirm.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
I also heard what sounded like a highway crew but I heard them on a wildcard channel. I also heard a couple of technicians working out some radio issues. I was driving so I was not able to look close enough for any further details other then seeing them both pop up on wildcard. This was on a Whistler TRX-2. I have a SDS-200 at home.....

KA0KDW

I also heard what sounded like a highway crew but I heard them on a wildcard channel. I also heard a couple of technicians working out some radio issues. I was driving so I was not able to look close enough for any further details other then seeing them both pop up on wildcard. This was on a Whistler TRX-2. I have a SDS-200 at home.....
Great thanks. Also an update to the fire stuff. You’ll now see two new talk groups I submitted today one for Ozark Fire and one for Nixa Fire.

foster_006

Wonder If anyone has a list of department apparatuses? On the old system it was an easy task. I have not lived in Christian county (Nixa) long so it’s rather difficult to identify who is who unless the dispatcher identifies the particular department. I do hear a “brush 11” quite a bit so I assume that’s either in the communities of Nixa or Ozark. I don’t believe there is anything yet that would assist in id’s in the Wiki…🤔
10 Ozark
20 Nixa
30 Chadwick
40 Clever
60 Sparta
70 Highlandville
90 Billings

50 & 80 Not used

KA0KDW

Please forgive my beginner level wiki formatting... but I updated the Wiki for this system. Feel free to edit it or add to it as you see fit.
Thanks for putting this up. I’ve made your stuff a bulleted list and I’ve also added law designators as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.