Christianity and the myth of it being 'The most Charitable Religion on the Planet'

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ÆS, I put that shøt on everything.
Stay down before I knock the last tooth out of your head! Once again its your thread and its your claim....the burden of proof is on you moron! I don't have to prove anything. All I'm doing is asking you a question which you refuse to answer!

You have not knocked any 'teeth' out, and I'm not down. You are. You refuse to show any proof it IS.

F

feets

You should also ask that same question to the person posting this thread! Or are you simply bias to what I'm posting? Did you make a special trip over here to defend your buddy like feets did? I'm touched by your loyalty to your little group of friends Bruce....really I am! :roll:

You don't have to be a person who studied religion to determine that Christianity is the most Charitable religion in the world today. Are Buddhists and Muslims building schools and feeding the hungry over in Africa or Haiti? Can you even name any of the Islamic outreach programs in the world today? Go ahead and do a search on the internet and come back and list them all. I'm sure you could fit them all on your little pinky. :lol:
LOL.

Rob trying to get out of the bed that he made;

Last edited:
F

feets

charity (Christian concept) -- Encyclopedia Britannica

charity, in Christian thought, the highest form of love, signifying the reciprocal love between God and man that is made manifest in unselfish love of one’s fellow men. St. Paul’s classical description of charity is found in the New Testament (I Cor. 13). In Christian theology and ethics, charity (a translation of the Greek word agapē, also meaning “love”) is most eloquently shown in the life, teachings, and death of Jesus Christ. St. Augustine summarized much of Christian thought about charity when he wrote: “Charity is a virtue which, when our affections are perfectly ordered, unites us to God, for by it we love him.” Using this definition and others from the Christian tradition, the medieval theologians, especially St. Thomas Aquinas, placed charity in the context of the other Christian virtues and specified its role as “the foundation or root” of them all.

Although the controversies of the Reformation dealt more with the definition of faith than with either hope or charity, the Reformers identified the uniqueness of God’s agāpe for man as unmerited love; therefore, they required that charity, as man’s love for man, be based not upon the desirability of its object but upon the transformation of its subject through the power of divine agāpe.

Modern philosophical discussions of charity have compared it to other terms and concepts of love, notably to erōs, which is understood as desire or yearning.
Obviously, the example by the OP does not fit the description of giving love, thus his argument is valid.

Rob's refusal to address the issue and repeated insults also do not convey charity in the Christian sense. So, if all we have to go by is Rob's actions in this thread where he is representing the Christian value of Charity, he has shown no Charity. Through his own behavior, we can see that Christianity is not necissarily the most "charitable" religion in the world because as a Christian, he has shown none.

Now go back to training "Danger". Kayn has proven you wrong through your own actions. :wink:

Last edited:
F

feets

You don't have to be a person who studied religion to determine that Christianity is the most Charitable religion in the world today. Are Buddhists and Muslims building schools and feeding the hungry over in Africa or Haiti? Can you even name any of the Islamic outreach programs in the world today? Go ahead and do a search on the internet and come back and list them all. I'm sure you could fit them all on your little pinky. :lol:
Heh.

You have obviously not even studied you own religion. You don't even know what Christian charity is.

But to know what charity is, we must know what it is not. Today, people often think of charity as nothing more than a giving of money for some good cause. However, the Bible strongly contrasts the charity it proposes to the misunderstood charity of giving funds. 1 Corinthians 13:3
states, "And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing." According to this verse, it is possible to give all your goods to feed the poor and yet not have charity. Therefore, the giving of funds is not biblical charity.
Charity or Love | Learn The Bible

Dumbazz.

SCPD

QRT
You refuse to show any proof it IS.
Once again.....:roll: :roll: :roll: The burden of proof is on you kayn! HELLO knock, knock... Is THERE ANYBODY HOME? It's your frigging thread moron! All I'm doing is asking you a simple question. Its obvious the blow to your head has scattered your brain. I have a suggestion to you and your little buddies... get a life! This is getting pretty pathetic. A huge waste of time! But it was entering watching you squirm like a fish out of water and all your little buddies coming over to help bail your pathetic @ss out! That was awesome! GAME OVER! :)

Last edited:
F

feets

Once again.....:roll: :roll: :roll: The burden of proof is on you kayn! HELLO knock, knock... Is THERE ANYBODY HOME? It's your frigging thread moron! All I'm doing is asking you a simple question. Its obvious the blow to your head has scattered your brain. I have a suggestion to you and your little buddies... get a life! This is getting pretty pathetic. A huge waste of time! But it was entering watching you squirm and all your little buds come and help bail you out! That was awesome! :)
Kayn is correct. You made the claim. Not only have you not backed up the claim, you have proven him correct.

kayn1n32008

Once again.....:roll: :roll: :roll: The burden of proof is on you kayn! HELLO knock, knock... Is THERE ANYBODY HOME? It's your frigging thread moron! All I'm doing is asking you a simple question. Its obvious the blow to your head has scattered your brain. I have a suggestion to you and your little buddies... get a life! This is getting pretty pathetic. A huge waste of time! But it was entering watching you squirm like a fish out of water and all your little buddies coming over to help bail your pathetic @ss out! That was awesome! GAME OVER! :)
Actually, YOU made the claim in the other thread, I called you out on it, and rather than go off topic in the other thread, started this one to give YOU the opprotunity to defend the statement, and YOU have only asked ME to prove your statement wrong. something there does not make sense... You need to learn how to debate.

F

feets

Here is some interesting reading, fellas, from "across the pond":

Muslims 'Give Most To Charity', Ahead Of Christians, Jews And Atheists, Poll Finds
Interesting indeed.

It would indicate that I give very little, which is true. I don't trust charities anymore with only 20% or less going to the "cause" and the rest going to management and advertizing for more donations.

I do end up buying allot of cookies, fireworks(I don't even have kids at home for them), discount cards and other "fund raiser" stuff.

F

feets

Actually, YOU made the claim in the other thread, I called you out on it, and rather than go off topic in the other thread, started this one to give YOU the opprotunity to defend the statement, and YOU have only asked ME to prove your statement wrong. something there does not make sense... You need to learn how to debate.
Yep.

Christianity is the most charitable religion on the planet! )

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Stay down before I knock the last tooth out of your head! Once again its your thread and its your claim....the burden of proof is on you moron! I don't have to prove anything. All I'm doing is asking you a simple question and you refuse to answer it! And the reason is obvious! You Can't! And all your little buddies can't help you either. Truly Pathetic. But entertaining! :)
Thanks for confirming that kayn1n32008's statements and beliefs are correct and that you have no standing or ability to prove yours.

He supported his claims with clear references.

Your attempts at putting the burden of proof on him for your claims - because you can't support them - are classic and time-proven tactics of someone lost in the brainwashing with no clue of factual reality.

SCPD

QRT
Hahahahah listen to yourself!!! How pathetic! This is great! You made my day D-bag! :lol: I had A LOT of fun beating your @ss in here! iT WAS Priceless!!!! And your buddies couldn't save you! HahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHAHA! :)

Last edited:

kayn1n32008

I'm the. D-Bag? Go back to Fox, your what they depend on. Sheep, that can't think for them selves. Still trying to figure out how you think you won a debate you never participated in. You could not even produce one iota of fact to back up your claim.

Oh and just to clairify, it was not one school, it was many schools, all across the country, designed to wipe out native culture, and make them 'christian' try reading the materiels provided before running your mouth about chit you know nothing about. But what a waste of time telling you that you are too ignorant to see the pain and suffering caused by 'Christian' moral and values.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
It's your frigging thread moron!
You made my day D-bag!
And by the way, a dead giveaway regarding your debating skills is when you resort to name calling.......

Another highly recognizable trait of a very immature poster who realizes he has been backed into a corner, and a classic sign of defeat.....

prcguy

I don't claim to know what the most charitable religion is, but here is something to consider...

I have a fairly wide variety of acquaintances, lots of Christians (Baptists, Lutheran, etc), Catholics, Jews, a couple of Jehovah's Witness, a Muslim or two and quite a few atheists. Being somewhat familiar with all these peoples charitable habits, I can't think of any one that stands out as being the most charitable.

As individual groups they all seem to give in a similar fashion. Individuals in each group are quite different with some vehemently opposing charity and others offering nearly everything they have to their church or community.

What I do believe is Christianity is the most prevalent religion in the US (and probably Canada) and that alone would make it appear they are the most charitable, simply because there are more of um and their total contributions probably add up to more.
prcguy

F

feets

Hahahahah listen to yourself!!! How pathetic! This is great! You made my day D-bag! :lol: I had A LOT of fun beating your @ss in here! iT WAS Priceless!!!! And your buddies couldn't save you! HahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHAHA! :)
Poltergiesty? :confused:

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Christianity and the myth of it being 'The most Charitable Religion on the Pl...

More nteresting reading, which can be interpreted, I think, in different ways by different folks.
Here is the study showing, it seems, that religious folks in this county give more to charity:
http://m.philanthropy.com/article/Religious-Americans-Give-More/143273/

According to these figures, Christian Americans are NOT at the top of the heap (but close enough it seems to me).

elk2370bruce

You should also ask that same question to the person posting this thread! Or are you simply bias to what I'm posting? Did you make a special trip over here to defend your buddy like feets did? I'm touched by your loyalty to your little group of friends Bruce....really I am!

My comment was clearly stated. We all have our personal biases. When it comes to religious differences, no one is talking out their azz. Practice what you preach. Charity includes how you treat people and the invectives that you often hurl are not the practice of christian charity. Take that chip off of your own shoulder for once. After all, narcissists have the inordinate need to be liked despite their own aggressive behavior.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Interesting indeed.

It would indicate that I give very little, which is true. I don't trust charities anymore with only 20% or less going to the "cause" and the rest going to management and advertizing for more donations.

I do end up buying allot of cookies, fireworks(I don't even have kids at home for them), discount cards and other "fund raiser" stuff.
Feets,

I always go to sites like "Charity Navigator" that uses publicly available documentation to determine which charities are spending the most of their contributions on those they purport to be serving, before I give a dime. There are some that have a fairly high ratio of donated funds going to where it should be advertising and the officers salaries.

SCPD

QRT
And by the way, a dead giveaway regarding your debating skills is when you resort to name calling.......

Another highly recognizable trait of a very immature poster who realizes he has been backed into a corner, and a classic sign of defeat.....
Man you should go back and read all the names that I have been called in the over in the political forum. It would make a sailor blush. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.