Christianity and the myth of it being 'The most Charitable Religion on the Planet'

Status
Not open for further replies.

corbintechboy

No answer kayn? Is my offer unreasonable?
But, can you do it? I did nothing to you to provoke name calling other then have a differing opinion from your own.

I never resort to name calling because in my book it is a sign of maturity to do otherwise, but you opened that door for me to enter. Not my cup of tea but I am not a verbal rug either. I would rather get in a maturity argument when I am called a name as I have done to you.

You may think I am a person who sides with buddies but I am not. If a person sides with my ideology what is wrong with showing support? That does not make us "buddies" but makes us align, that is it. Opinion works in that way my friend, been that way since forever.

I have nothing against you and you are probably a good guy, but if you post something I don't agree with I will state my opinion on it. Not a personal attack by any means, me calling it as I see it and I do that a lot. To add, I am sure I probably am not of the same opinion of many on this site and that is fine. I am a huge proponent of marching to the beat of you own drum, this promotes free thinking and I believe we need many more free thinkers,

SCPD

QRT
But, can you do it? I did nothing to you to provoke name calling other then have a differing opinion from your own.

I never resort to name calling because in my book it is a sign of maturity to do otherwise, but you opened that door for me to enter. Not my cup of tea but I am not a verbal rug either. I would rather get in a maturity argument when I am called a name as I have done to you.

You may think I am a person who sides with buddies but I am not. If a person sides with my ideology what is wrong with showing support? That does not make us "buddies" but makes us align, that is it. Opinion works in that way my friend, been that way since forever.

I have nothing against you and you are probably a good guy, but if you post something I don't agree with I will state my opinion on it. Not a personal attack by any means, me calling it as I see it and I do that a lot. To add, I am sure I probably am not of the same opinion of many on this site and that is fine. I am a huge proponent of marching to the beat of you own drum, this promotes free thinking and I believe we need many more free thinkers,
I have apologized to you if you remember for the name calling in the political forum. The ones who remain silent after I presented the offer to stop the name calling are no better then the one they accuse. As a matter of fact the very fact that I presented the offer proves that maybe I'm the better person. But I will withhold judgment for now and allow kayn to reply. It shouldn't take days.

Now on your point of you thinking that we need more free thinkers is your own opinion. The question I have is what is your definition of "free thinkers".

corbintechboy

I have apologized to you if you remember for the name calling in the political forum. The ones who remain silent after I presented the offer to stop the name calling are no better then the one they accuse. As a matter of fact the very fact that I presented the offer proves that maybe I'm the better person. But I will withhold judgment for now and allow kayn to reply. It shouldn't take days.

Now on your point of you thinking that we need more free thinkers is your own opinion. The question I have is what is your definition of "free thinkers".
And I accepted your apology.

A free thinker in my book is someone who comes to their own conclusions instead of allowing mass media to prescribe a way of thinking for them. Sure, there has to be a bit of media to come to conclusions, but prescribed thinking in my book does not have to be the end result.

Sure, I will admit that some of the things I say seem to come from left field. Those things are mine however and no one can really claim to have made my thoughts. My thinking has come true on many occasions, not bragging but true.

I think the world would be a better place if people would think for themselves. We would all see things for the merits presented instead of seeing things the way the masses are programmed to see them.

My idea of a free thinker. I might be off but this is my idea, not from a wiki somewhere ;).

Last edited:
F

feets

The ones who remain silent after I presented the offer to stop the name calling are no better then the one they accuse. As a matter of fact the very fact that I presented the offer proves that maybe I'm the better person. But I will withhold judgment for now and allow kayn to reply. It shouldn't take days.
Who? Me?

SCPD

QRT
And I excepted your apology.
And yet you have not accepted my apology? Why is that?

A free thinker in my book is someone who comes to their own conclusions instead of allowing mass media to prescribe a way of thinking for them. Sure, there has to be a bit of media to come to conclusions, but prescribed thinking in my book does not have to be the end result.

Sure, I will admit that some of the things I say seem to come from left field. Those things are mine however and no one can really claim to have made my thoughts. My thinking has come true on many occasions, not bragging but true.

I think the world would be a better place if people would think for themselves. We would all see things for the merits presented instead of seeing things the way the masses are programmed to see them.

My idea of a free thinker. I might be off but this is my idea, not from a wiki somewhere ;).
I like the word "free" as in freedom to decide for ones self what is true or not. Freedom to form an opinion from a source you trust. Freedom to choose for yourself your own news source. Freedom to chose for yourself and draw your own conclusion from that information. Ignorance is somebody telling me that my information is not legitimate but only yours is.

Last edited:

corbintechboy

And yet you have not accepted my apology? Why is that?

I like the word "free" as in freedom to decide for ones self what is true or not. Freedom to form an opinion from a source you trust. Freedom to choose for yourself your own news source. Freedom to chose for yourself and draw your own conclusion from that information. Ignorance is somebody telling me that my information is not legitimate but only yours is.
What makes you think I haven't accepted your apology? I have. I simply brought up a point and that is all. I accepted it and even said you are probably a good guy, does this not sound like someone who is giving you the benefit of the doubt? What makes you think I haven't accepted it?

I don't mean to bash you in any way, really I don't. But this goes back to me calling it how I see it.

You go have an opinion that aligns very much in the direction of what your are told to think by the media companies. Come on, I have looked at your post history and you have even quoted the laughable fair and balanced from your favorite media provider. That is not opinion, that is you being spoon fed thought. So how do you even equate what you are stating is opinion with being factual opinion? It is not possible to be spoon fed information and call it opinion, I am sorry.

You are opening yourself up for these type of replies. Think about that.

Again, no insults intended.

EDIT: Fixed my grammar errors, my bad...

Last edited:

corbintechboy

free·think·er
[free-thing-ker] Show IPA
noun
a person who forms opinions on the basis of reason, independent of authority or tradition, especially a person whose religious opinions differ from established belief.

Freethinker | Define Freethinker at Dictionary.com
It amazes me how much that description aligns with who I am.

I can't even become religious because of the politics involved. I have never seen the definition. It hits the nail on the head for me. lol

kayn1n32008

ÆS, I put that shøt on everything.
Sorry Rob, had a late night and had a good sleep this afternoon. Yes I agree with you. Insults aside.

corbintechboy

The village idiot started to do free thinking and look what happend to the country.....
The "village idiot" is doing a job. The "village idiot" has rules and responsibilities with his job. The "village idiot" should be fired for misconduct on the job.

Free thinkers don't get the privilege to do as they please, they have rules like everyone else. When they don't follow those rules they are fired like everyone else.

The "village idiot" is not a free thinker as much as he's a bad employee and needs fired.

F

feets

Calling a cease fire with Rob Goes Retard is like agreeing to a truce with Hamas. As soon as he feels cornered, he'll start lobbing weak insults and names like Hamas bottle rockets from the skirts of FOX news.

I give it less than month, really less than a week but I'm feeling generous, before you can go back to treating him like the Beotch that he is. ;)

elk2370bruce

Dealing with Rob is like dealing with Hamas. Call for a cease fire and he'll just keep firing random rocket firings - hoping to hit something (or anything). The firing of insults and vicious names will continue as a simplistic form of domestic terrorism. That is the Teabagger thing to do and that's why their candidates are having a rough time leading up to November. Let's hope that he does not self-destruct like his political heroes are doing.

SCPD

QRT
Dealing with Rob is like dealing with Hamas. Call for a cease fire and he'll just keep firing random rocket firings - hoping to hit something (or anything). The firing of insults and vicious names will continue as a simplistic form of domestic terrorism. That is the Teabagger thing to do and that's why their candidates are having a rough time leading up to November. Let's hope that he does not self-destruct like his political heroes are doing.
Thanks for all the high hopes and kind words Bruce. :roll:

elk2370bruce

We all make mistakes. That's the failing of our frail species. It is, important, however, that we learn from them and avoid further occurrences, That's what I've been taught. The conscience is a conscious activity that is our moral imperative and reality delivers hard lessons.

SCPD

QRT
We all make mistakes. That's the failing of our frail species. It is, important, however, that we learn from them and avoid further occurrences, That's what I've been taught. The conscience is a conscious activity that is our moral imperative and reality delivers hard lessons.
And if you read my posts I stated that the name calling should stop. So then you compare me to Hamas.

Dealing with Rob is like dealing with Hamas.
Maybe you should take your own advice. And maybe you should also consider my advice as well. Seems like the wise old teacher still has some lessons to learn for himself. ;)

F

feets

And if you read my posts I stated that the name calling should stop. So then you compare me to Hamas.

Maybe you should take your own advice. And maybe you should also consider my advice as well. Seems like the wise old teacher still has some lessons to learn for himself. ;)
You are a bit slow. The lesson learned after multiple apologies, olive branches and cease fires from you is that you will break them. Bruce and myself have learned our lesson. Like Hamas, you will begin firing bottle rockets again.

Status
Not open for further replies.