Christmas Eve Nostalgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

Since it's Christmas Eve I was feeling a little nostalgic tonight. I remember when I started to listen to my home town here in Tulsa in 1994 on a Realistic Pro-2006. EMSA at that time operated on analog UHF med channels. Channel 5 (463.1) was the main dispatch. I remember how much fun they had on Christmas eve. The dispatcher (Control) would call him or herself Santa and each unit on the street would a chosen name of the reindeer Rudolph, Donner, Vixen. etc. It was so fun and comical to listen to. People had fun and it was a lot less political than today. EMSA would later go to the City of Tulsa's 800 system in 2004 and use encryption as they do today. I know Steve Williamson passed away earlier this year. I wonder if he knew they did that back in the day? Good times. Merry Christmas! =)

12dbsinad

I miss those days when an agency could lighten the mood and have fun on the radio during holidays. Those times are long gone because of our current society. Merry Christmas.

DJ11DLN

I miss those days when an agency could lighten the mood and have fun on the radio during holidays. Those times are long gone because of our current society. Merry Christmas.
Thankfully they are alive and well here. The "observe for Santa" bulletin went around various agencies for close to 2 hours on Christmas eve. And then there were several Christmas greetings between field personnel and Dispatchers on the 25th. It was good to hear.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
I can assure you we no longer play around on the radio during Christmas eve lol
Every once in a while you would hear something but thats if dispatch and the crews were in a good mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.