Chrome Extension for ADSBexchange Flight Tracking page - Click on an N-Number on adsbexchange.com to reveal aircraft ownership based on FAA data

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Great job on the Chrome extension, thank you @jamesgott. I noticed when you clear a filter it resets but doesn't zoom in and fills the entire country with current planes, on slower/older computers this causes a big delay before you can manually reset/resize it where you want the display. There may not be a fix for this and I understand, but wanted to pass it onto you.

jamesgott

Great job on the Chrome extension, thank you @jamesgott. I noticed when you clear a filter it resets but doesn't zoom in and fills the entire country with current planes, on slower/older computers this causes a big delay before you can manually reset/resize it where you want the display. There may not be a fix for this and I understand, but wanted to pass it onto you.
Good feedback. I'll fix that right now. I'm not sure if I'll be able to zoom into the last position on the map, but I can at least zoom in further than it was.

jamesgott

@N1GAW the fix you suggested is live now if you want to give it a shot. When you press "clear interesting", your computer/connection won't be bogged down trying to load all the planes - it will show a zoomed-in view.

kx1t

Hi @jamesgott -- is there a list or overview of the planes that you include? This is awesome work -- it works both on ADSBExchange and on my local tar1090 instance.

The reason I am interested is that I wrote a docker container that monitors specific airplanes within my station's reach, and sends me a tweet about it. This was originally based on my interest which of the dictator-alert.org planes came crossing the Atlantic, but it has taken on a much broader scope. Rather than scraping the hex-ID's from your plugin, I was wondering if you would be able to share them, or point at a github where they're maintained, etc?

Thanks again!

jamesgott

Hi @jamesgott -- is there a list or overview of the planes that you include? This is awesome work -- it works both on ADSBExchange and on my local tar1090 instance.

The reason I am interested is that I wrote a docker container that monitors specific airplanes within my station's reach, and sends me a tweet about it. This was originally based on my interest which of the dictator-alert.org planes came crossing the Atlantic, but it has taken on a much broader scope. Rather than scraping the hex-ID's from your plugin, I was wondering if you would be able to share them, or point at a github where they're maintained, etc?

Thanks again!
There's not really a list. When you click on one of the "interesting" filters on the right, the URL changes to display the ICAO's for that given filter. Is there a subset of filters' ICAOs that you're interested in? Or am I misunderstanding completely?

jamesgott

Sorry for the thread bump...but, v7.0 is live. This is likely [one of] the last update of the extension. The extension now has a comprehensive list of features:
  1. Clicking the registration number to reveal current owner
  2. "Interesting" aircraft filters
  3. "Zoom to home position" to create a quick zoom shortcut on the map
  4. And, now in v7.0: favorites. You can add your favorite ICAO hex IDs and view just those on the map!

I'm all ears for new feature suggestions!

jamesgott

@jamesgott for option 4 in the above post, is there a limit on available hex IDs?
I have not tested the upper limits of it. Localstorage (chrome) allows up to 10mb which would be a LOT of planes. You'll see more limitations from adsbexchange than you would from localstorage. Play around with it and let me know!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
can you elaborate on which part isn't working when you navigate to ADS-B Exchange - tracking thousands of aircraft ?

Not sure if my issue was the same, but I had to set when it would be allowed to read data on page and then refresh page. After that it worked fine for me. Works better than the last time I tried it and like the new fields you added. Thanks for your hard working making it interesting.

jamesgott

When I click on the icon nothing appears
ah. The extension icon doesn't do anything. All the interactions take place on globe.adsbexchange.com. Clicking the registration number of a plane shows the owner, then there's a couple features on the right side of the page shown below:

adsbx.png

Status
Not open for further replies.