Chrysler Stamping Plant in Twinsburg

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
It appears I haven't been paying close attention for a while. I just learned yesterday that the Chrysler Stamping Plant located on Chaimberlin Rd in Twinsburg has closed and is currrently being demolished.

I am guessing that the trunked system tied to this entity (DaimlerChrysler Corp. (Twinsburg) Trunking System, Twinsburg, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies) is no more. A scan of the business trunked (and expired) FCC licenses in Summit County on RRDB finds no matches for the frequencies listed. The FCC DB does have this entry (ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WNSP680 - Chrysler Group LLC) which shows a transfer for the license in July of this year.

Can someone close to the system confirm if it is still transmitting?

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
I was wondering about the status of the DB listing since they are demolishing the place. I have no idea if they are using those freqs for anything - I will plug them in and log/listen. I can't see any use for a Chrysler system for a non-existent facility.

scannerdaddy

chrysler plant in twinsburg

FWIT--- i live about 3-4 miles away. i have several talkgroups from their system in my scanner. none are active. the complete facility will be demolished and the site re-developed in hopes of attracting future business. hope this helps.

SCPD

QRT
I believe the antenna was on the top of the water tower on the east side of the building in the rear. I know Twinsburg PD lost thier remote receiver site that was there. I haven't really noticed if the water tower is still there.

SCPD

QRT
Well guess what? Just heard activity on this system at about 1830 EST. Shows TG 0-03-050 which says plant ops in the DB. This is from the programmed LTR system. I also have the individual freqs programmed as conventional and 462.2 and 462.225 came up. Talking about turning the lites off and locking up.

SCPD

QRT
More activity this AM (12/05/11). There seems to be two systems on these freqs. The conventionally programmed system freqs are showing half the signal strength as the LTR trunked system. It does seem to be a repeater though. Not sure what it all means and not sure I want to persue it any further.

Essexscan

The part of the building with the cranes and high bay area will be kept for the company moving in. They still have Warren & Belvidere plants

scannerdaddy

chrysler stamping plant

i will do a drive by and park my car and sit on the talkgroups that i have. most were operations tg's. i was just reporting what local officials have stated in community newspapers. lots of rubble in old parking lot. not many vehicles in parking lot. i am wondering if voice comms are from those associated with the dismantling of the properity.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Time to bring this topic up again. It looks like when someone last checked, there was still activity on the Twinsburg Stamping Plant's LTR system.

Can someone provide a current status of the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.