CI-V interface?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't know if anyone is looking for one of these; but I just came across this and thought I might throw it out there if anyone needed it...

Mike

majoco

Many years ago, about 2002, I bought a Yaesu VX-2, a tiny 2m handheld. I found a neat programme called "VX-2 Commander" by Jim Mitchell which required an interface from a computer Com port to a four-conductor jack into the radio. A bit of hunting and I found a constructional article on how to build one and it worked very well - the programme and the interface. A couple of years ago I found an Icom R7000 on our local web auction and again found a programme to talk to it - also called "Commander" but author unknown. A quick bit of soldering fitted a 2 conductor plug for the R7000 and would you beleive - the same interface for the VX-2 works for the R7000! ...and
-yes, it does work through a USB to Comport adapter! Photos and the original pdf attached.

DSC_2244 crop sml.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Martin, I suspect this is the program you used?

Mike

EricCottrell

Database Admin
Hello,

I looked up the schematic of the Icom CT-17 (it is in the manual). It is just a MAX232 with a power supply. The TTL TX and RX pins are connected together and go through a simple low-pass filter to the tip connection of the four mono 3.5mm jacks.

73 Eric