cicero police feed gone now bnsf train feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith69

cicero police feed gone now it is bnsf train feed i am now useing bnsf feed from cicero il rail yard that is 14 blocks from my house this is why i put it up and because bnsf feeds are rar and cicero rail yard is one of the big ones in the usa so enjoy my gift to this site

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Yes, with these new WiFi Internet radios you can't separate right channel and left channel so a stereo feed won't work. It is better to put up a single stream for each radio.

Thank you. I will listen to it when it comes back online.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
It's solid white noise right now.

I recommend that you crank the squelch up a good bit higher than the threshold. Noisy signals are tough to understand.

keith69

bote

well there is five bands some near me some are not and you will always hear the yard but the trains you will not hear as good as the yard please keep that in mind thank you

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
well there is five bands some near me some are not and you will always hear the yard but the trains you will not hear as good as the yard please keep that in mind thank you

The squelch on your railroad receiver or scanner is OPEN, allowing constant white noise to pour out the feed when they are not talking. You need to tighten the squelch knob above threshold, otherwise your feed is very hard to listen to.

I understand about the 5 channels, but you know how boring yard jobs can get. "3 cars...2 cars...that'll do" all day long. I'm just sayin. At least we have a chance to see road trains that we hear leaving the terminal on your feed, if the road channels are even on the feed.

Just something to consider.

Thank you.

SCPD

QRT
Yea i will have to agree yard action does get old when i ran a BNSF feed in Lafayette La where i was working i made the road ch the priorty and had the yard ch's fill in the dead time.

dispatchers will listen to your feed if you have the road ch's as a priorty they will listen before they go into work to see what kind of a mess they will walk into.

Status
Not open for further replies.