Cigarette Lighter Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNRotrMedic

No the BC245XLT cannot be modified to light cigarettes only its big brother the BCL245xlt can.

:D Try Radio Shack. They chould have the lighter plug that you can fit the adaptaplug onto. Otherwise there are a few models that you can pick up at places like walmart that have a four way tip system and a slide switch for voltage. I don't trust those with my scaners personally but that's your call.

senduhelp

Thanks for the information, but in looking at the Uniden Website, I do not see the BC245XLT listed with any of the power cords. I had checked Scannerworld prior to posting, I saw that they had one, but it didn't listed as being for this type of scanner.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
senduhelp said:
Thanks for the information, but in looking at the Uniden Website, I do not see the BC245XLT listed with any of the power cords. I had checked Scannerworld prior to posting, I saw that they had one, but it didn't listed as being for this type of scanner.
If you'll go to the BC245XLT page on Unden's website, then look at the accessory listings on the right hand side of the page, you'll see the same power adapter I provided the link for above. When you actually click on the adapter itself, the page displayed does not list the multiple scanners it will work with.

senduhelp

Okay, thanks. I ordered one today. I tried to search on the Uniden website by type of scanner to view the accessories and wasn't getting that for some reason. Thanks again.

bobmich52

Received My 396T Dc Cigarette Charger From Scannerworld Tues.

Sticker On It Says As Follows.

Scannercharger#DC 612

For Use With Following Models

BC 72 xlt, 92 xlt, 246 xlt.

BC 396T

BR330T

SC 230

All for $12.99 + Shipping

Came Out To $21 & Change Total

bobmich52

Well, When I Checked The Uniden Site Last Thurs Am, They Had Them Advertised For $12.99 +

Might Yours Not Fit The Radios That Mine's Has?

Hence The Price Difference?

What Diff Duz It Make I Guess, They Have Been A PITA To Get No Matter What

Status
Not open for further replies.